Top Shelf Aquatics

Green Bubble Tip Anenome

dano_13

Got A green bubble tip the other day for me clownies

they still havnt even seemed interested and ideas to help them

realise new to anemones

got percula clowns

yeah my maroon has no clue - they've been together now for a couple weeks.

generally tank raised clowns may never host anything - having not been raised like wild caught ones to know the nem's are homes.

rumor has it a photo of a clown hosting a nem taped to the side of the tank works - but I haven't tried it

I have tank raised, It took them awhile to start hosting my carpet. They swam around and looked at it for awhile. Then one night when the lights where out we caught them hosting. Give them some time and check on them at night.

buy a fake clownfish and tie it to the Anemone

jk, there is nothing you can do

Ive actually heard people do that with success....

I have been trying for 3 weeks to get my clowns to host a FS. I taped a picture of a clown on the glass near the coral, and have been feeding the fish so the food floats down into the coral. In order for them to eat, they must get into the tentacles. It helps that I have hand fed the clowns for the last two months. They know my fingers are the place to get food. Now they are starting to learn that the food goes to the frogspawn. They are starting to hang out on that side of the tank more often, but they still "sleep" at night on the opposite side of the tank. :(

I will be getting a rose BTA for them in about a month. I hope they like it better than the FS.

dsoz :)

i have done this with 3 tanks and its worked 3 times.

each time i had a sw tank....at different points in my life and have nems with clowns that wouldn't host. i gave them a couple weeks and when i couldn't wait any longer i bought a domino damsel. i find that dominos will host just about anything and 'teach' them to host.

the first two times i just gave the damsel away to friends after he did his job. this time, i don't have any friends with sw tanks so i just kept him. i felt bad for him because my clowns kicked him out and i could tell he missed it so i got him a long tentical last weekend. my domino is already hosting it.

good luck.

Archived