ReefCleaners.org

what do you all think?

SeaFish

i currently use Life Reef hang on overflow box that can handle up to 700gph flow out rate. the water coming out from teh overflow goes into my sump/fuge. At a distance of about 4-4.5feet high (straight up) would a mag-drive 7 be enough for the return in turns of gph and pressure? or would a mag drive 9.5 be better or is it too much?

I am using this on a 20 gallon tank that has a dimension of 20inches from left to right, 17 inches from top to bottom and 13.5 inches from front to back. What do you all think?

Christopher Marks

With that much head pressure, you're going to reduce the gph output quite a bit. Even if you only got 500gph or less out of the Mag 7, it would still be plenty of flow for the system. If you're looking for a high flow setup, then I would go with the 9.5, especially if you plan to split the line going back to the tank.

Mag 7 will be fine. You can really easily overdue it going with the 9.5 and probably need to throddle it back. I think a mag 9.5 is just going to blow everything to high heaven.

Cameron

Archived