ReefCleaners.org

Lemon Or Lime

DudE31

Well I can't get any joes juice and the aptasia on my zoas has caused them to close and start to die so it has to go. I know there are other threads on here that say you can use lemon or lime juice to kill these bastages .. well I have a syringe loaded with lime juice and ready to go ... will this actually work or am I wasting my time ? and will it have any side affects on my tank ?

BustytheSnowMaam
Well I can't get any joes juice and the aptasia on my zoas has caused them to close and start to die so it has to go. I know there are other threads on here that say you can use lemon or lime juice to kill these bastages .. well I have a syringe loaded with lime juice and ready to go ... will this actually work or am I wasting my time ? and will it have any side affects on my tank ?

I would get a wild-caught pep shrimp. You may destroy the aiptasia for the time being but the bits and pieces left behind will form even more aiptasia than before IME.

If you really do have the urge to blast it with something because it makes you feel good, try boiling water rather than lemon or lime juice, just make sure nothing else is nearby.

i used lemon juice on a small case of aptasia and it worked for me. they just kind of shrink up and melt over time. didnt come back to life in my case.

You don't need a STRONG acid to burn them. The main problem with using acids--any acid, including the citric acid in lemon/lime juice--in your tank is dropping pH, which is stressful to your animals. If anything, mix boiling water with kalkwasser to make a thin paste, heat it up, and inject that. It's a strong base and burns just like a strong acid, without all the side effects to the rest of the tank.

PS, you CAN get Joe's Juice, right on their site. :rolleyes:

Not sure. But use the kalk paste, heated, not lemon or lime por favor.

lol true that the juice is an acid, but that's why you have to limit yourself when you use it. cant go on a full tank attack... just gotta deal with small patches at a time. especially if the tank is small.

nanoreefbro

DudE I used it and didnt have any problems with my tank. If you want you could have a change of water ready after you zap the aptasia...

Archived