Top Shelf Aquatics

Anyone ever used 'Fritz pH Block 8.2'

joesmoe517

I picked up a package of these Fritz pH block 8.2 tablets that you put in your tank (1 per 10 gallons) and its supposed to keep your pH stable at 8.2 for two months and dissolves eventually. Does anyone have any experience with them? I dont think too much could go wrong with using them but any feedback is appreciated.

because im pretty lazy when it comes to supplements and i would rather just add my calcium instead of worrying about alternating pH buffer and calcium... My pH is usually 7.8 before my lights go on and it rises to 8.3 by the end of the light cycle so i want it to stabilize.

I heard the word lazy.

Do the animals in your tank accept that as an excuse for death?

I think you know the right answer to this. :D

what does death have to do with an aquarium pH 8.2 block lol. not like its made for jacuzzis or something, therse a fish right on the damn thing.

How do you know how many tablets to dose to balance your calcium? You don't relaly think adding a tablet will add all the carbonate you'll need to balance any calcium demand right?

It would be much better for your tank to balance the alkalinity and calcium going in, instead of a catch all solution that won't work.

How do you know how many tablets to dose to balance your calcium? You don't relaly think adding a tablet will add all the carbonate you'll need to balance any calcium demand right?

It would be much better for your tank to balance the alkalinity and calcium going in, instead of a catch all solution that won't work.

thanks for the suggestion but back in the beginning i think i said i was doing the block just till my pH is stable from beginning of the light cycle to the end because as of now it has been 7.8 before the lights went on and it rises to 8.2 by the end of the day. I just want to see if i were to have my pH correct and stable for once if everything would benefit. Since i put it in my corals are feeding at night more than they used to. i dont know if its a coincidence yet but we'll see.

Since there was no useful feedback so far, I thought I would add, I have not tried the product but did look it up. Its a simple ph buffer. It may not be a cure-all but will probably help stabilize ph and cetainly will do no harm.

thanks hekim. just to note i've taken it out after 12 hours and everything seems fine, i may continue to do 12-24 hour periods with it in and continue to check my pH.

Archived