ReefCleaners.org

what size hydor koralia for my ap 24

mic209

I'm in the process of getting my tank ready for SPS, i jus ordered my halide, now all i need is more flow. I want to go with the hydor koralias, but don't know if i should go for the 1 or 2?

I don't know what else the AP24 comes with but maybe you could even do 2 hydor 2's, or even 2 hydor 3's. I'm running a hydor 1 on a 5g along with an MJ900 so that's like 110x turnover after headloss, at first I thought it would be too much, but to my surprise they love it. SPS are a different animal!

I vote 2x #3's,

I had 2x #3's + 1200gph closed loop and my acros loved it... my fish however... did not.

What kind of MH did you get for this 24g. I hope its more then a 150.

United_Poseidon

Went with two #2s on my 24g with a 590gph closed loop powered by a Pan World and am very satisfied. Go with the #2s.

• 2 weeks later...
Went with two #2s on my 24g with a 590gph closed loop powered by a Pan World and am very satisfied. Go with the #2s.

I have a 150g and a bc29. I went to my lfs looking for a seio, and they talked me into a koralia #1 for my 150. Ummm, they musta saw noob written across my head, I didnt know they went 1-4 at the time. I ended up putting the #1 in my bc29 and really isnt enough for my sps frags. I bought a #4 for my 150, which isnt really enough, but i dont have anything but frags in the corner, so its ok for now.

I vote 2x #3's,

I had 2x #3's + 1200gph closed loop and my acros loved it... my fish however... did not.

What kind of MH did you get for this 24g. I hope its more then a 150.

Ok, so i think i'm gonna try one #2 for now, plus i have about 300 GPH coming from my main return with a hydor flo on it. Right now i have a 70 watt halide that will be fitted into my stock hood, so it will be real close to the water. I will be upgrading to a 150 though, since i just bought a chiller.

What do you guys think for my 29gallon I've got acros, and a bunch of different power heads. Would be cool to have just 2 of them for the acros. I don't mind a high turn over long as it doesn't blow the sand around too much. what do you guys think? 2x #3? Sorry for the thread jacking but I figure why start another right next to this one about the same subject.

Archived