Top Shelf Aquatics

Chemi-pure ?'s

freakaccident

freakaccident

Can anyone tell me anything about this product? I have found hundreds of posts where people swear by it and I have read the documentation on it but nowhere can I find what actual benefits it has over regular carbon as stated by the consumer. Like I said many people say it great but what's so great about it? I don't want to hear word for word what the package says. I want personal experiences. I am running it on a problem tank to see if it is the miracle everyone says it is.

I didn't notice any difference using it against a quality carbon. It is good stuff but not really any better than a good carbon. I had an article on the stuff so I'll try and hunt it down.

Cameron

When I ran a 75G African cichlid tank with a huge hunk of wood in the water it would rapidly become tannin (tea) stained. The LFS said try Chemi Pure. The water became crystal clear for 6 months and then I would replace the bag of Chemi Pure when it yellowed a bit. In that situation it was worth every penny.

Never used it in salt water. I guess the bi monthly water changes make it unnecessary in my 28G system. Dont really know.

I used it in my buckets when I moved from SoCal to Oregon. No fatalies!

They claim that it is Carbon, with cation and anion exchange resins added! Therefore, it should bind and sequester any cations (NH4+) and anions (NO3-- and NO2-). Interestingly enough, exchange resins are not selective, so it should bind ALL anions and cations to some extent.

For what it is worth, i'll use it again!

Archived