SaltCritters.com

question on stocking my 10g

mrhat

Hey everyone, my 10g is done cycling, and I will be adding a CUC in about a week. I'm trying to figure out what I should do about the fish for the tank. Originally I had planned to make the tank a peaceful goby/blenny softy reef. This is my first tank and I've loved setting it up so far, and already wish I could upgrade to a bigger one, but won't be able to do so for another 6 months or so, when I will be moving.

I've already been planning out the tank I will upgrade to when I move. It would be a 50-65g somewhat aggressive tank with a tomato clown, 6 line wrasse, arc eye hawk, valentini puffer, and flameback angel. This is something I definately will be setting up whenever I move, but in the mean time, I was wondering if it would be possible to keep one of those fish, maybe the 6 line or the tomato clown, in the 10g for the next 6 months. If I kept one of those, it would be the only fish in the tank, and I would abandon the goby/blenny idea. I just don't want to end up doing it if it's not practical, I don't want to make the fish uncomfortable.

Sorry about the long read, but let me know what you think.

chrisdamage

just wait it out... do your goby/blenny tank and you will gain some experience and when your ready, do a bigger tank with all those fish you wanted... just wait it out

I will probably gey flamed for suggesting this, but if you are only going to have one fish in a 10 gal, you might consider a yellowtail blue damsel. Beautiful fish, always out in the open, very hardy and cheap. And it could hold its own in the bigger tank.

Flame away lol.

yea dude just one heads up, watch it with that arc eye. they are SICK fish i had one forever and he was the last of 3 fish added to my tank and then he promptly beat the crap out of a 3 stripe damsel and a bi color blenny.

yea dude just one heads up, watch it with that arc eye. they are SICK fish i had one forever and he was the last of 3 fish added to my tank and then he promptly beat the crap out of a 3 stripe damsel and a bi color blenny.

yeah man i've heard those arc eyes can be like that, that's why I'm working on a list of fish that could hold their own with it. I'm pretty sure the flameback, tomato (if he gets bigs enough) and the puffer would be ok, not sure about the 6 line though. I've heard that they can be either bold, or wimps, depending on the fish. I guess I still got a while to work out the list. All I know is that I definately wouldn't be able to have ANY shrimp with that list.

lol. :lol:

Archived