ReefCleaners.org

4 Stage RO/DI for $149

second2n0ne

second2n0ne

I saw a 4 stage 100 GPD RO/DI filter w/storage tank for $149 at our local Costco store.  I'm not sure what the RO membrane was rated at, but IMO $149 is killer.  Just drop in a 1 micron RO membrane and it becomes reef ready!

Hey!

I saw the same one and I was considering buying one till I found out the filters aren't standard sized and they must be ordered from the manufacturer. also the refillable DI resin ones can't be used as it has a different flow direction. If you could figure it out so we weren't strapped to a single manufacturer (what if they go out of business?) I would get one for sure it even had the little faucet thingy to mount into your counter-top.

Hope you do!

Toy

second2n0ne

Thanks for the advice Toy.  The Costco filter looks a lot like my RO/DI unit.  In fact, it looks like there may be 2-3 manufacturers that produce RO/DI units and OEM's them to other distributors/retailers.  Mine has the interchangeable filter cartridges and I scored mine for the same price.  What a drag, sorry to get everyone excited about this!  Alife, it was at the Morena store if you still are interested.  

Archived