ReefCleaners.org

Huge tanks?

coolwaters

does anyone have tanks that r just huge?

people at my LFS has 300g tanks at home which is pretty cool.

but anyone rich enough to have like a 1000g tank?

why do you wonder?

I am sure a few persons have tanks that big.

I for once , can only, support a tank up to 45g at the most. B)

wow mattlyice thats like 600g. lol wonder how much its going for just to fill it. XD

iv noticed that one of my neighbors fish tanks which most likey is powered by a solaris LED or something like that.

his tank must be at least 1000g because it covered his whole living room. one hell of a center piece if u asked me.

althefishguy

Heres a few large tanks I've done !!

a 220g on cherry wood stand/

Stacked 200 upper - 220 lower

corner 450g with attached fishroom - up and running with LR now

will be stocked when painting and building in the room is finished

Alpost-13936-1181579169_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1181579062_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1181579458_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1181579481_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1181579208_thumb.jpg

thats really nice.

the other reason i was if anyone has a hug tank is because i heard that big tanks require less or no water changes because the ecosystem at a certain point will become balanced.

Fishfreak218
thats really nice.

the other reason i was if anyone has a hug tank is because i heard that big tanks require less or no water changes because the ecosystem at a certain point will become balanced.

that is false

if done properly a large tank can to some degree do better for a longer period of time then a nano but that is only because the increased water volume, you will get alot more stability out of a larger tank, but when something goes wrong in a big tank...it can go royally wrong, the one thing to stay on top of a big tank and keeping it stable is a simple 5-10% water change every 2-3 weeks, sure on a 700G tank it is 70 gallons lol, but its well worth it in the end

Archived