Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Feeding Questions

gnubbs

Two seperate feeding questions for you experts out there. First, does anyone feed their flame angles using a clip and seaweed? I have been placing it in my tank for a couple of days, but have yet to see him pick at any.

Second, does anyone feed thier blastomussa? I have read conflicting info. Some say that it is purely photosynthetic, others say that it is a filter feeder and shoud get some plankton, others say it should be fed small food (brine shrimp, bits of clam, etc). Who out there is feeding this coral, and what are you feeding it?

Thanks for your input,

gnubbs

Flame angels: I;ve never seen then pick at lettuce. I've seen them pic at that processed sea algae stuff but never lettuce.

Blastomussa: I used to poor a bit of phytoplankton in the vacinity....they liked that alot. Around 2x weekly and saw growth and expansion improvements quickly.

Cameron

Cameron,

Flame: Yeah, I am using that pressed algae stuff soaked in garlic. I saw him pick at it tonight, but I am not convinced that he is eating it. I will have to watch him for a while to figure that out.

Blastomussa: Thanks. I was planning on getting some DTs, so I will try that out.

Thanks for the input,

steve

No prob. One thing I forgot to add is that flames tend to go for more meaty foods....that is why they tend to nip at corals. Veggies aren't their favorite but if he's picking he's getting something.

Cameron

Yeah. I am also feeding him once a day with Pygmy Angel Formula from Ocean Nutrition. He goes absolutely nuts for that stuff. The seaweed is more to give him something to pick at so he stays away from my corals.

Archived