inTank Media Baskets

How well do carpet anemones ship?

wav3form

I'm looking to turn my tank into more of a species tank for a carpet anemone. foster smith has some green ones available but i'm not sure how they hold up in shipping. Anyone have one shipped or can recommend a vendor that has shipped these with success?

It's already been shipped from the south Pacific, so what's in a few more miles? If you overnight it it'll do as well as anything else IMO.

Liveaquaria does have a the best guarantee. I say go for it and let us know.

It's already been shipped from the south Pacific, so what's in a few more miles? If you overnight it it'll do as well as anything else IMO.

Liveaquaria does have a the best guarantee. I say go for it and let us know.

Yah liveaquaria has some green carpets available and they do have a very good shipping policy. I'll probably get one from them and i'll definately have pics. I'm waiting on a skimmer I bought used to show up this week before I order the nem.

:)

I just got a shipment in from a reefer across the country (going from the east coast to me here in the west coast, with the temps in southern california in the mid 70's). He shipped them via USPS express mail. Shipped them Monday, got them on Tuesday morning without any problems. No DOA's.

Brian

I just got a shipment in from a reefer across the country (going from the east coast to me here in the west coast, with the temps in southern california in the mid 70's). He shipped them via USPS express mail. Shipped them Monday, got them on Tuesday morning without any problems. No DOA's.

Brian

What'd you get? Anemones or something else?

I got mini carpet anemones. I also received some waratah anemones that were shipped from London, England, to me in California. It took about 5 days to get to me (shipped out on Monday, arrived on Friday Morning) and those were also fine.

I got mini carpet anemones. I also received some waratah anemones that were shipped from London, England, to me in California. It took about 5 days to get to me (shipped out on Monday, arrived on Friday Morning) and those were also fine.

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Archived