Coral Vue Hydros

My 5.5 after 5 weeks!!

jimpruitt

Originally posted by Reefy

Nice tank! I wonder why your clown hangs out at the Powerhead all the time.

I wish I new. He's there 95% of the time.

I wonder if there is too much current?

Originally posted by jimpruitt

I wish I new.  He's there 95% of the time.  

I wonder if there is too much current?

No it's probably in love. :love:

Very nice 5.5!

I'd like to see the specs too, I just started a 5 gallon, it's been up and running since sunday. I'm curious as to how you set up your tank.

5.5 All-Glass tank

5 lbs of live sand

7-10 lbs of live rock (not sure...pulled it from another tank)

Rio 90 powerhead

Not sure about the heater

3 snails

3 hermits

1 coral banded shrimp

1 peppermint shrimp

1 false perc

DYI hood with 2 50/50 13w PC bulbs from petsupplyliquidator.com

Sorry for the holes in the specs.

he is hanging there because there is not enough current, you can remove that nozzle reducer on your rio for more flow....

Originally posted by 3twenty5

he is hanging there because there is not enough current, you can remove that nozzle reducer on your rio for more flow....

Thanks for the tip. It's hard to tell from still pics, but there is no way there is too little flow. He stays on the side of the powerhead where there is the least amount of flow.

When he would venture out into the open, he would get hit by the powerhead current and FLY across the tank. I tried pointing the powerhead towards the back of the tank, but he still didn't come out.

I'll have to figure something out. Or take his a$$ back and get another fish. Maybe a gobie.

Thanks for those specs. So far my tank is sounding pretty much like yours, 5.5 gallon, with 7 pounds of sand and 7 pounds of live rock, though my lights are 2x25watt "envirolights". I still need to add a powerhead, I'm just using an overrated power filter without media to provide current right now, but I used uncured live rock, so I'm just going to keep it this way for a couple of weeks to let the rock cure before I do anything else to it.

??? ??? ??? WTH?

Your clown has hosted your powerhead. Very common.

Edit: See Liz's post above.

I just wanted to say nice work on your strategy. It looks like to me that you thought of your leather and xenia growth in advance and did your rock to gear for it. Congrats nice work.

Originally posted by Acoustic

It looks like to me that you thought of your leather and xenia growth in advance and did your rock to gear for it.  

Yes. That's exactly what I did and I deserve a lot of credit for it. :blush:

Just kidding. Actually this is my first reef of any kind and although I researched like crazy, I didn't think of the xenia or leather while placing the rock other than the place it looked the best.

Archived