Innovative Marine Aquariums

Just Set Up: 5 gallon Mini-bow!

mkriegal

I just got my live rock & live sand (etropicals...the cheapest, the stuff looks really nice, tons of color, seen some copepods). Put the stuff in then put in the premixed salt water, and put in my equipment (rio 50 powerhead, minijet powerhead, whisper E filter using a sponge, and a heater). My lighting consists of 2 x 13 watts 50/50 10,0000/actinic lighting. It looks pretty nice, and i put it into the minibow hood, so it is a nice cover. Thats it for now, gonna let the tank cycle, then maybe a shrimp and some coral. I have an extra remora skimmer, wondering if while its cycling i should attach it to the back (it would be a pain in the ass, but if its worth it, then i'll do it). Otherwise just happy about the new nano :)

freakaccident

Nice rock! I never used a skimmer on my tanks while cycling so I can't comment based on experience on how it would do.

TheCurriculum

Nice rock :P

Hopefully your cycle won't take long and you'll have more corals then you know what to do with asap

way to go!

That little tank can handle all that flow?! In my 5.5 aga ive got a microjet at like 50% and that is pushing it....i wish i could open'er up but itd cause a sandstorm

Archived