Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How to catch sally light foot crab?

Ryanhdd

Ok so i hate this crab he is eating all my little hermits and snails. how do i capture him and ban him to my frag tank. What has worked for you?

seahorsejl

Nothing has worked for me :(

My sally is way to smart! I put a half of a soda bottle (leaned against the rock work) in there with shrimp at the bottom, hoping it would fall in. Found the sally later that day with the shrimp in it's greedy claws, and a few hermit crabs in the bottom of the bottle!

seahorsejl
Sharp Stick = Sally Lightfoot Kabob

Funny you should mention that ... my wife actually tried that! :o She got mad at the crab because it caught one of the yellow clown gobies overnight, and then sat there eating the head of it in front of her.

But alas, she could never "kabob" it :mellow:

Yeah i thought about just trying to stab him but i dont want to kill it. Its a good crab except for its appetite for my cuc. He will take shrimp from tongs and i tried to grab him but it did not work, probably bc i dont want to hurt it. But maybe i should just snag it. We will see.

Good luck - there was one in the 12g setup I'd bought. I had to take all the rock and all but a couple of inches of water out before I caught the stupid thing.

He was traded to the LFS before I even had the tank put back together.

seahorsejl

Post back to this thread if you find something that works (other than totally disassembling the tank). My sally light foot caught one of my new white porcelain crabs last night right after it molted :(

I got extremely lucky that the little jerk crawled into the overflow (2nd chamber) of my biocube 14g. He's been in there for a week. :lol:

Archived