Coral Vue Hydros

I'm in trouble

Crakeur

This afternoon I was told by my office building manager that on May 27th new windows will be installed in my building. That means I have to move my 180 gallon reef out of the way for a few hours. So, rather than move everything in buckets and then put it all back, we decided to buy a new tank, move it all to another spot and be done with it. A bit costly but way more simple. So, I go looking for prices on the web so that I can call a friend in the biz and get a good price and I come across the new aga 26 gallon bow front.

Now I am dying for the 26 gallon bow to replace the 7 gallon. It will allow me to put the hob fuge and the chiller in the back of the tank and give me more room to futz around the tank. The problem is that I have the custom made light fixture that is too small for the 26. So, I need some support to keep me from upgrading, or....

I need someone to buy my old lights so I don't feel like I wasted my money on the old stuff.

I'm an addict and I can't control myself.

Help!

reading the title i'm thinking 'uh oh, i told him to use protection with that new intern.' X)

whew! jk :D get the 26g! (i'm absolutely no help at an AA meeting)

as for the 7g & stuff, keep it because:

you need a quarantine tank. you never throw anything away, ever. the more tanks the merrier. sydney needs one for herself. use it as a bargaining chip with the wife. size doesn't matter. i'm lying. bring it to the office. and finally, just because!

um, btw are you forgetting the 180g? screw the 26! :P

I'll wash your car for 3 months if you give me the 70 watt halide setup....:) :) j/k. I agree with tiny Crak, keep that stuff... never know when youll need it ....or wish you had it back...hehe.

I don't have the room for it, otherwise I would keep it. I am sitting in my living room trying to figure out where I could squeeze a 180 in. I can see myself saying to my wife "no, really honey, that's 26 gallons. It just looks bigger than it really is."

I have everything needed, the hob and the chiller fitting on the back is a huge plus. I just don't want to waste the money from the lighting. I'm going to see if psl will take the old one back and give me some kind of credit towards a new fixture. Maybe a double 150 with a 32 watt pc or a 36 watt pc actinic. Man I am sick.

I just finished reading A million Little Pieces, which is about a guy going thru rehab (real good but written in a bizzare manner) and alll I keep thinking is that I belong in Hazelton, going thru dereeftox and sitting thru group therapy learning how to say no to trhe ever strengthening urge to buy more supplies, increase my gallonage and add more livestock.

A 26 would be able to house enough fish and coral to satisfy those urges........for at least a few months.

F It. I'm doing it. That was easy enough. Now to see what kind of deal I can get on the tank and the lights.

180 or 26 gal in the living room, wow, I could'nt make that decision. I'd have to set them both up. But then, I do have a 110 gal discus tank in my billard room just waiting to become a reef tank. Wonder if I could fit a 26 in there too. Thanks for the great idea! Where'd you see the 26 and how much?

Btw, who wrote that book? I think I'm going to need it too.

Cami

the 26 is an all-glass (AGA) and is fairly new I think. Sold on the internet for about $70. I'm hoping to get mine for much less from the same guy who is going to sell us the replacement $180. I am not even considering the 180 in my house. Just not happening.

James Frey wrote the book. It just came out and it is insane. The guy ends up in rehab at the age of 23. Drinking since 10, crack since he was 20. His style of writing is a bit wierd but once you get used to it the book flies. Really sad, funny, scary and supposedly real, although how a person can endure the amount of dental work he had, without anesthesia or painkillers is just impossible.

not sure if the tank and the fuge and the hob chiller will all fit on the table. Also, not sure if the tabkle can hold 350-400 lbs, which is what the whole damned thing will weigh when I am finished loading it up.

awaiting a quote from psl. I'm now thinking either one 250w and a 36 watt pc or a pair of 175's and a 36 or 32 watt pc for some actinic.

if yer gonna blow yer wad, do it in one big splurt.

with that kind of lighting my fish will be wearing sunglasses

ok, so the guy who maintains the 180 (and is here working out the tank move) just told me he has a client that wants a nanoreef and my 7 gallon, with lights would be perfect for him. Now if I can get my price and get him to do the exchange, all will be good in the world.

I had a 28 reef (a Perfecto tank) that worked out pretty well for me. I eventually got rid of it because I couldn't find a stand and canopy that the wife liked.

Replaced it with a 20L with a solid oak stand and canopy, and now all is right her world.

I think those mid 20 gallon setups are really nicely sized. You can have a couple of interesting fish in there, and there's enough water volume that you don't necessarily have to ALWAYS be micromanaging your tank. It's a little more set it and forget it.

Do yourself a favor. Spray paint the back of the tank. It looks so much better than backgrounds. We sprayed both our 20 and our 90, and they look terrific.

no background, no spraypaint. The back will be covered (hopefully) with xenia and gsp. Also, the fuge is hanging back there so if you see thru the tank to the fuge, not a bad sight.

DeskJockey

Crak-

Get the tank!

Do you have a 70w right now or a 150w? Sorry I cant remember........If its the 150 you should be able to use the same light. If not how much you want for it?

DeskJockey

Oh wait I see it in your link.......yeah I guess you will need a new light then. I say the double 150 w/ the PC for actinic. That should look great!

Archived