Coral Vue Hydros

My Anemone has a taste for shrimp. Just finished off my cleaner

ballhog

Been trolling for sometime, just haven't had anything worth posting. I have a 14 gallon biocube, that's been running for about 9 months. It was stocked with a blood shrimp, cleaner, Maroon and what the lfs called a sand anemome.

Well about a month ago, my blood shrimp disappeared. It was odd, he lost all his color, then a few weeks later poof gone. Well last night I see my cleaner in the mouth of the anemone. I tried to pull him out, but it was to late. About 45 mins later, he was gone. :o Sad, I had that cleaner since the beginning. :(

10 mins prior to becoming food, the cleaner was looking great. I just can't believe it. I had no idea a anemone could or would eat a cleaner.

Sad, Sad Day.

That "sand" anemone is maybe a carpet anemone? If so I've read that they can be voracious, eating anything they can fit in.

Can you post a pic of it? If someone can ID it you'll have a better idea of what critters will be compatable.

Sorry for your loss. However prey is prey and I guess our tanks are no different than the ocean in that matter.

I will post up some pics of the anemone when I get home, because I searched sand anemone and carpet anemone, but still can't ID it.

At least I know the anemone's healthy.

Archived