SaltCritters.com

slug ID ? looks like a clam's mantle :?

MDeth

It looks like a clam's mantle but I guess it some type of slug ?

Keep it or ditch it? Its sitting in a QT bin atm.

thing1yj9.jpg

thing2ds4.jpg

thing3ov5.jpg

Yes, platyhelminth worm it appears,, thanks for the link!

Anybody know if it should stay or if it's predatory?

RayWhisperer

Oh, I had one of those in my NC 24. I found it after redoing the tank at about 1 year. So, I know it doesn't need clams to live.

Oh, I had one of those in my NC 24. I found it after redoing the tank at about 1 year. So, I know it doesn't need clams to live.

That's most interesting. I guess it would make sense that one that fed on "small worms or crusctaceans" could survive just fine in one of our tanks.

As long as it wasn't cleaning out the pod population or something, I'd be happy to keep it around--the more diversity, the more interest, IMO.

--Diane

RayWhisperer
That's most interesting. I guess it would make sense that one that fed on "small worms or crusctaceans" could survive just fine in one of our tanks.

As long as it wasn't cleaning out the pod population or something, I'd be happy to keep it around--the more diversity, the more interest, IMO.

--Diane

I did some searching, couldn't get an ID, and got rid of it. Now that I look back, it didn't seem to do any harm. I always had pods, micro inverts, cryptic sponges and dusters.... I was an idiot to get rid of it. Heck, I never saw it until i pulled everything apart.

Yeah...there wasn't anything that was 'off' in her tank or anything...lots of pods dusters all kinds of things...but better safe than sorry IMO

BTW, nice mr. peanut outfit :)

RayWhisperer
BTW, nice mr. peanut outfit smile.gif

Thanks! I give props to Craftytony for it. He put the monocle in the wrong place though.

Archived