ReefCleaners.org

teddy bear crabs

silverdust

silverdust

I'm having a hard time finding information on these guys. If anyone has links, I would appreciate them. I have the basic questions: max size, how agressive are they, do they pick at corals or other inverts, and do they usually stay out of sight, or are they generally out in the open. If anyone has one, I would love to hear your experiences. Thank you.

they are great mantis shrimp food, well at least for mine they are, just so you know they are quite aggressive and will eat and kill things to eat, just if you find one go ahead and ship it to me and i will give it a good home with monte

Yeah I've heard they are quite aggressive as well. They are known for eating other things in your tank, so if you get one be careful or you'll have nothing left in there.

What are pom pom crabs? I have never heard of them before?

small crabs that hold little anemones in their claws. i hear they're about as reef safe as you can get in a crab. really cool looking things.

I just found a picture of the pom pom crabs they're pretty interesting. I'm debating whether to add one or not. Does anyone have a general price range for this type of crab?

vike50brian

I can get them for $10-$15 here in the south. And I recommend one for anybody, although in larger tanks, you may not see them very often.

Archived