Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Used 100 GPD 5 Stage RO/DI - SOLD

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Sold!

I have a great custom built Aquatic Reef Systems 100GPD 5 stage RO/DI filter for sale. It was used for about 6 months, and sat unused for over 2 years. I ran the system today and everything is working great. I don't have a TDS meter anymore, so I was unable to test the output however. It will likely need replacement filters for optimal performance, given the age. New carbon, sediment, and two DI filters can be purchased for around $4-$8 each.

It has top of the line John Guest quick disconnect fittings, clear filter housings, a line pressure gauge, and backflush kit. There was bypass test valves installed after the RO system and the first DI filter. The Reverse osmosis and deionization filters are mounted on two individual brackets. They can be screwed together or wall mounted. Also included is a garden hose adapter.

New systems of this quality cost over $250 new. Save some money on a used system and buy new filters.

rodi1.jpg

rodi2.jpg

rodi3.jpg

Christopher Marks

LOL @ mvite!

I found the plastic wrench for opening the filter housings, and I'll also toss in a Hanna Primo TDS meter. It needs new batteries, and probably needs to re-calibrated with calibration fluid. From searching online, it looks like it needs 1382 ppm calibration fluid.

OT: CM where can I buy the filters/di cartridges that cheap?

This is a killer deal by the way! Someone buy it!!

wheresnemo

Yea, but I am still looking as to where I can get those cartridges for cheap myself. Once I find it, I will weigh in everything, and then hopefully the deal is as good as it seems.

Christopher Marks

The good news is that filter cartridges are all standard sizes, so you can shop around for the best prices anywhere. PurelyH2O has sediment filters for $4 and carbon filters for $8. It looks like DI cartridges are $18. Most all DI cartridges are refillable, but I don't know how or where to do that. Ebay prices might be even better.

To replace the sediment, carbon, and two DI cartridges in this system it should cost $48 from PurelyH2O.

RO membranes are supposed to last from 2-4 years depending on the source water. The one in this system was only used for 6 months, so it should have a lot of life left before it needs replacing.

The good news is that filter cartridges are all standard sizes, so you can shop around for the best prices anywhere. PurelyH2O has sediment filters for $4 and carbon filters for $8. It looks like DI cartridges are $18. Most all DI cartridges are refillable, but I don't know how or where to do that. Ebay prices might be even better.

To replace the sediment, carbon, and two DI cartridges in this system it should cost $48 from PurelyH2O.

RO membranes are supposed to last from 2-4 years depending on the source water. The one in this system was only used for 6 months, so it should have a lot of life left before it needs replacing.

Filterdirect on Ebay sells probably all the stuff you'd need for this unit, and at good prices too. Their systems use standard size cartridges as well, so there's a good source for CM's system that he's selling here. And yes, someone buy this, sounds like a top notch RO/DI system for a BETTER than Ebay price just about. B)

YGPM

YAY!! BS saves the day!!

We get to stay!!

All you other punks almost got us into hot water. I was getting ready to chip in--and I don't even need one.

Autographed would be waaay cool. It would be easier than digging through all that garbage outside of his house--right Chupa? (thanks for that BTW)

YAY!! BS saves the day!!

We get to stay!!

All you other punks almost got us into hot water. I was getting ready to chip in--and I don't even need one.

Autographed would be waaay cool. It would be easier than digging through all that garbage outside of his house--right Chupa? (thanks for that BTW)

Not quite. Hubby thinks it is overkill right now. He still likes to go to Walley World & pick up gallons & gallons of purple top water I dealing with all those empty jugs. :huh:

holycrap

i'm so confuzled. why hasn't anyone purchased this yet? it's been blessed by Mr. Nano-Reef himself!

Archived