Cultivated Reef

Organ Pipe Coral

KCReefNC

I added an Organ Pipe coral to my 7G Minibow tank a few weeks ago and it was looking really great until a few days ago and now it isn't opening up and is barely sticking out. Any ideas why it might not be doing well? I have it in a moderate flow of water near the top of the tank and all my levels are normal. I have a Sand Sifter, two turbos and a Fiji Blue Devil Damsel with it...would the turbos or the Damsel be doing it any harm?

I'm supplmenting the tank with Marine Snow so it should be getting enough to eat since it's supposedly almost self sufficient.

I did search BTW and sisn't find anything useful.

i have one that does that sometimes he has been in my tank for 2 years or so, try getting a turkey baster and blasting him with some current and cleaning him out in between his polyps, it helped mine .

printerdown01

Any algae growing over it? Also what sized polyps does it have... the larger the polyps the easier the care (general rule, this does not ALWAYS hold)... I'm with Sailfin on this one thought, turkeybaste it.

No algae growing on it...the polyps are large...it was always very full before the last few days. I was gone over the weekend and my Mom took care of the tank...but she always does a good job so I don't think it's anything she did. I'll give it a nice tide and see what happens.

Archived