inTank Media Baskets

Pink Tip

musho3210

Could you keep a pink tip anemone in a 20 gallon high tank with 20 pounds of live rock and 150 watt mh light and a tunze nano skimmer with 2 O. Clownfish?

Could you keep a pink tip anemone in a 20 gallon high tank with 20 pounds of live rock and 150 watt mh light and a tunze nano skimmer with 2 O. Clownfish?

Define pink tip....

Yes the MH will be more than enough. You should figure out what the anemone is for sure. BTA - bubble tip, sebae, ritteri, etc.

not a great nem imo ... a friend of mine had one .. roamed around the tank for a while and stung some of his coral and one day just up a died ... you would be better off getting a bt nem

wildernesstank

ya i got one and it walked every where in hours ..... then it just died one day .... trust me do not get it ...

im in the planning stages, i have no tank :P, im planning what livestock to get, i know anemones need mature tanks so i will probably get it in about a year.....

im planning what livestock to get

great start ... that is one of the best things to do is plan ahead .. and yes they do need mature tanks and it would be fine in those conditions for a period of time imo bta get to large for a 20 ... a 20 long might be ok but you would be best with a 30

heres a link for everything you need to know http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

Archived