Top Shelf Aquatics

pics of the new guys

The Unit

hear r pics of my new green striped shrooms , nudi, and yellow watchman[ who has a tiger pistol but he wasnt gona have his pic taken today]

Finally got to see some pics of the little glass of water. Looks great. One thing though, if the first pics were taken today and the last was taken a few days ago, I would be worried about the crab and the nudibranch as they have not moved from the same spot at the upper right side and god knows my crabs ans slugs never stay put for very long.

yea i looked at that..the nudi and the crab shot + full tank shot were from the other day.....the gobie/pistol r the newest of the new guys

Cool, so they are still among the living ;). The watchman is cool, I am planning on another fish, it is just that damsels can be so damn aggresive once they establish teritory and I am worried about adding another fish to mine. Gobie/Pistol combo's are really cool to have, good luck with them.

u think 2 smaller fish would be ok for a 2.5? i was thinking or a randels gobie[not sure of the name but it has black and white virtical stipes and a lond dorsal[top fin right?] fin...maybe he could also pair up with the pistol.....cause the watchman is more of a low fish-alwas on the sand bed-where the ofther swims more....could be double coverage for the srimp....but not sure if it could happen

I think 2 fish would be fine. Others may think that it is too much bio load but as long as you keep up with water changes and watch the test numbers, it should be no problem. The only reason I don't have 2 or 3 for that matter is the fact that I know how damsels get once they have some sort of established territory, they can be down right vicious. If I add another, it will have to be abel to hold it's ground if the chromis goes for blood. In your case, your good to go. I doubt there will be much if any signs of fighting with those fish. It is all relative to size and aggresion of the fish. I mean, you could probably get away with keeping 10 grenn banded or red headed gobies in a 2.5 considering they average 1/2" long and skinny at that. I have gone almost 3 weeks recently without a water change and noticed nothing high in all my tests. The chromis was like non existent as far as bio load went, along with the shrimp and crabs. Hmmm, you may see another fish in my next update come to think of it, I really want to add another now that I'm thinking about it. In fact, I was thinking of the same second fish as you. Good luck.

i couldnt have a "fish" tank without a fish...i love the reef aspect of the hobby but i have to have something moving...but thats just me...

Hey liquid...yea i havent seen any change in bio load when testing for the past week with the new fish...and for those that say it is too small for a fish, the gobie dosnt go more that a few inches from the shrimps area...

oh and liquid the tank is realy coming along...i am talking to a guy on ebay who is going to make me a hood/stand combo for the thank, which i will try to put another 13watter in...should be around in a few weeks...

awosme fish unit u got me thinking about getn a shrimp/goby pair for my 2.5 soon good luck it looks great ,Chris

thanks pal and cj.....ill update abot every 2 weeks with new stuff and additions...got home tonight and i can see some coraline spreading [not on the glass though]....i plan to add a small threadfin gobie, a different colored feather duster, some xenia, emerald crab[i have some hair algea that my nudi wont touch:(] and the hood stand+3rd 13wpc, and some kind of top off unit with a float switch...[that will come with graduation party money :)

ok. i really got thinking about this did some research and im heading to the lfs this weekend im gonna get a shrimpgoby / pistol pair. hopefully ill find a wheelers watchman at my lfs thats my 1st choice and 2nd would be the one you got. i really dont wanna seem like im coping. im gonna get new bulbs ordered soon i dunno if i could fit a 3rd 13 watt over mine but im gonna see how it works out also i have a spare lying around. imthinking of taking the baycos apart and building a hood so it looks better. hope my tank looks as good as yours it looks awosme,Chris

wow.im blushing...i would love to see more pairs...i can get over how cool they are...i looking into a threadfin also for my pair...gopna see if they all pair up...oh i cant wait till after june[prom and graduation are killing my money supply right now].....good things come to those who wait right?

today i went to the lfs and i almost got a wheelers watchman/tiger pistol pair for 39 bucks but some guy got it befor ei could get my hands on it i was sorta ####ed. but up side is i got a yellow citron goby thats awsome i planned on getn a citron or clown goby or watch/shrimp pair guess u get wat ya get but im happy with what i got,Chris

40 bucks....thats 20 off what i got mine for....yea i realize it was a bit high...bit i can never fine a small pair[this is a 2.5 gal tank...but im happy i got them and would pay it again

ya i refuse to tell how much i pay for corals at my lfs. there very pricy but its worth it great condition specimens i think its worth it and its better im supporting a small business,Chris

Archived