Pod Your Reef

Adding Calcium?

Nepthea

I'm wondering if all tanks need calcium additives? I'm assuming for coraline etc. that they do.

Kalk vs. B-Ionic vs. a million others!

Will I definalty have to add calcium, and if so, what kind/ type is the best? I dont want to do a drip method. I prefer as easy as possible, so I dont screw it up!! I've seen the Sea-Lab 28 Blocks. I guess you just throw a couple of these in the back of the tank, and they slowly dissolve, making everything perfect?? Sounds a little too good to be true to me! I wonder if anyone had used these?

Really, any easy way to get calcium to acceptable levels would be a great help!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nep :D

Id say b-ionic. I JUST started dosing it and its very easy. 1ml of each part per 4g. There are 2 parts A&B. Its real easy.

I use kalkwasser in my 55, but in such a small tank any sort of kalkwasser overdose could be seriously lethal. I thought about dosing kalk using an auto topoff, but for now im going to use the B-ionic and see how it goes. Over the last couple days I noticed that coralline was starting to grow on its own, so hopefully now it will grow better. we shall see

I don't dose calcium. Weekly water changes using RO water and Tropic Marin salt seem to do the trick for me. Plenty of calcium based growth in our tank too. (coralline, candy corals, montipora, squamosa, etc.)

Gil

Archived