Pod Your Reef

quite the opportunistic cleaner shrimp

mascencerro

mascencerro

As I gazed in my tank just before the final rays of actinic ended, I spotted a strange sight. I see many strange sights, but this one was worthy of a couple minutes of full light for a couple pictures:

fly1.jpg

fly2.jpg

Yes, that is a horse fly, and no I don't know how it got in there, or how the cleaner managed to get ahold of it, but I tried to no avail to get it away from him.

edit:

I managed to go back a few minutes later and a hermit had stolen it, so I, being a little quicker than a hermit, got it away from him.

Still, how often do you see that?

That is totally bizarre.

The fly was probably near the water, and someone (the cleaner) must have miraculously jumped out and caught it... that or it just died and managed to fall into your tank...

Helfrichs Chick

This a daily thing in my tank...not flies thou. Every friggin night lately we have these little leaf hoppers. They fly to the MH and since its an open top they go right in. My picasso clowns LOVE the bugs.. its halirious. I wuld say about 3 in a givin night. Those are cool pics thou!!!

This a daily thing in my tank...not flies thou. Every friggin night lately we have these little leaf hoppers. They fly to the MH and since its an open top they go right in. My picasso clowns LOVE the bugs.. its halirious. I wuld say about 3 in a givin night. Those are cool pics thou!!!

well hey at least you dont need to feed as much so less $$$ on food... lollll

• 2 weeks later...

Archived