Cultivated Reef

FS\FT: 48" SLS Tek Light T5HO Fixture in SO CAL

er1c_the_reefer

er1c_the_reefer

SLS Tek Light T5HO 48" 54w x 4 lamps. About 5-6 months of use on it. Has some salt rings, on the reflectors, but is in otherwise good and working condition. Here's one picture, but if you need more, I'll try my best to take pictures and post them tonight.

CIMG3629.jpg

I also have 4 bulbs also with 5-6 months of use on them. I can include those for $40 extra, but I can't guarantee they'll arrive in one piece.

MD.com has this for $329.99 + shipping

I asked $300 shipped (over at rc.com)

but $280 shipped (here on nr.com)

or best offer

or trade for 400w mh ballast and/or lumen max reflector

I also have a 6 lamp version that I'm going to get rid of after I get a 400w mh set up going if anyone's interested in that.

I just linked your little target marketing piece over at RC. They should be sweeping your e-ntrails off the web in a minute.

J/K :P

Is that what you've been growin' your SPS with?

er1c_the_reefer

hey hey... i <3 nr.com... martyr me if you must.

i grew sps on the 6 lamp fixture. they do good, but i think its too much light, especially since the tank is only like 10" deep and most of my corals only have like 1"-3" of water over them, with some of the sps breaking the surface.

when i had 6 lamps over my 120, i loved the colors though. i have this one over zoas, and its definitely too much light. on a deeper tank it would be great though.

not to mention it takes 10 lamps of t5ho to do what 1 mh can do on my prop tank:

10 lamps at 54w each = 540 watts

vs

1 400w mh on a big a$$ reflector = 400 watts

Yeah I'm finding that our sps frag tank with t5 is a bit much also. :( too much light.. never thought I'd say that :D

Archived