Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Should i take it?

Jackson

Ok, My manager at work is offering me a tank...For Free!:)

Heres the specs below:

Width - 24"

Height - 8"

Depth - 12"

15w Single tube (I know, i need more lighting)

Filter/pump

Heater

Air pump

I worked it out as 10 uk gallons..well 9.998, anyways.

I've seen someone have a Prizm skimmer on their tank with the thermostat and some filter material stuffed inside....would this work? if so im gettin it:)

Comments please on anything about the tank.

Jackson

free is good.

take the tank, at worst it could be a sump at best it could be a display tank.

was it used to house fish? (copper medication : ) even so, don't look a gift horse in the mouth imo. there's always peeps looking for quarantine tanks for fish. you could always trade or just go FO.

I forgot to add, my manager doen't like using any chemicals and never did. So theres no Copper in there at all. :)

harbingerofthefish

long and shallow and free, take it! I got a 24x14x14 from a LFS. I like the shallowness of the tank.

free is good--ditto!

i dont see the dilema here...take it and then figure out what u can do with it....its not like hes going to check up on u to see how the tank is doing...

Yup, But the main question i was asking is about using the Prizm skimmer to house the thermostat and filter media as well as running as a skimmer. Anyone know anything about doing this?

Thanks for your replies :)

• 3 weeks later...

if i have learned one thing, there is no such thing as free. something always happens when i get this so called "free" stuff. but what the hey, i would go with it. whats the worst that could be happening, he/she could be hittin on ya. oh well, "free" tank.

woha little to deep for my brain

Archived