SaltCritters.com

Eclipse 12 lighting

wiggles

Could someone please provide with a link to a place I can purchase the 2x32 Supernova CSL CP retrofit? I can't find it anywhere. I know it exists.....

Thanks for your help in advance.

Christopher Marks

The super nova fixture has just one bulb. The fixture with two bulbs has a different name.

drfostersmith.com has both of these fixtures too.

What is the difference between the two? I notice that the one with two lamps is twice as expensive, but if I'm reading it right they have the same wattage. I'm assuming that the supernova has a 50/50.

Christopher Marks

Yes, the only difference is the bulbs that each fixture comes with. The one with two bulbs has one daylight and one actinic. The single supernova has a smartlamp.

Which of the two do you think is better if you want to have a lot of medium light corals with just one fish or two? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Christopher Marks

Well, as long as you make an acrylic splash gaurd for the lights, I would get the double bulb fixture. You could certainly get by with just one lamp though.

I have one 32w bulb over my 7.5 gallon tank, which is just a little bit more shallow than the 12 gallon eclipse.

Gosh darnit,

I had earlier e-mailed csl about this unit asking specifically if the 2x32W would fit in the Eclipse 12. I never received a response until about 10 minutes after I purchased it from Champion Lighting. They said it wouldn't fit. I could have sworn I saw some guys on this forum talking about putting those fixtures in.

I measured before I bought it and it was extremely close, though I thought it could be done. It wouldn't be close at all if you took out the filter tray and just didn't use it, though I'm kinda scared to do that.

• 1 month later...

Archived