ReefCleaners.org

algae probs

bertz_maru

bertz_maru

my tank has been cycled... and someone told me that as soon as you cycle your tank the aglae will go away.... but man... i have bad probs with algae... my whole tank gets cover by green and hair algae bad.... i have like maybe 12sails and like 5 hermits... its a 50 gal tall... i also put a bad of carbon in my sump... i also have 3 shrimps... 1 big one and 2 small one with 2 percula clowns... they doig fine its just the sight of the algae... i also have some coraline grwoing pretty good on my rocks.. what can i do?> thanks all

Answer as many of these questions as you can,(the more, the better) and someone can help you better. Also USE the SEARCH button... actually look on this page, there are posts about algae in this forum. Actually I just typed algae into the search button... there are 1,789 threads containing information on algae. If you can't find any ideas after looking through these, Then come back here and well help you.

This is not a slam or anything, but many people have spent time posting answers to this question multiple times, and the information is already there. Unfortunately it's easier to post a thread with a question than it is to search through a few posts.

If you can't find an answer, come back to this post and fill in the info, and people will be willing to help.

Size?

How long it's been running?

inhabitants?

What kind of water do you use?

LR?

LS?

Filtration system?

Lights (what kind/photo period/how old are bulbs)

What food&how much?

Additives?

Salinity?

Ammonia?

Nitrites?

Nitrates?

Phosphates?

Also I'm at fault for not doing this, but I would reccomend it.

Put your tank specs in a quote so everytime you post, they come up at the bottom of your post. It lets people see what you have and help you better.

bertz_maru

aight.. imma go search and see if i can fix my prob... thanks yup.. im new to this forum and fish tanks.. =)

Archived