Cultivated Reef

FS: Astralux Bulbs and Pre-Wired Aromat Ballast

Uhuru

6808DSCN1819-med.jpg

This is the perfect lighting setup for most nano tanks. The aromat ballast is clean, compact and flawless (not all ballasts are created equal!), and the astralux bulbs everyone knows are the best 70 watters out there.

Used for only 2 months. Still plenty of life left in the existing bulb, PLUS I am including an additional Astralux Bulb!

The aromat ballast includes a junction box and power cord - no ugly wires hanging out all over the place. If you want to mount the ballast farther away from your bulb, you will have to purchase an additional lamp cord. You can get it for $4.00 from illuming or if you are resourceful simply use an old cord from something else.

This setup includes:

1 - Aromat 70w electronic ballast, prewired to junction box and 6' grounded power cord. (Additional lamp cord for remote mounting not included)

2 - 70w Astralux 14K DE bulbs, 1 brand new in box, 1 used for 2 months

Retail price for this setup: $165 - $175 if you can get in on an astralux group buy

Buy my setup for $135 shipped!

I will not part out at this time. If no one buys the complete setup in the next few days, then I will part out.

OK to clear up any confusion, this setup does not include the Brinks fixture. You can get that at Wal-mart for $8 or something like that. If you want I will throw in mine for an additional $10 (this also covers the extra shipping cost). Or, you can find a local retailer here:

http://www.regentlighting.com/common/brand...3A%20%20Halogen

The bulb will plug right into the fixture no modifications necessary.

Also the light stand is not included. You can get that at drsfosterandsmith or probably your LFS.

Now selling separate.

2 month old Astralux Bulb = $35 shipped sold

Brand New Astralux Bulb = $45 shipped sold

Both bulbs together = $75 shipped (save $5!!)

coralcrazy you have first priority here, you need to let me know if you still want them.

2 months old Aromat 70w electronic ballast

w/junction box and grounded power cord pre-wired = $55 shipped

You are welcome to check illuming.com or elsewhere to compare prices. Yes, the ballast is slightly used, but still like new. Save money and get top of the line equipment at the same time!

Now selling separate.

2 month old Astralux Bulb = $35 shipped

Brand New Astralux Bulb = $45 shipped

Both bulbs together = $75 shipped (save $5!!)

coralcrazy you have first priority here, you need to let me know if you still want them.

2 months old Aromat 70w electronic ballast

w/junction box and grounded power cord pre-wired = $55 shipped

You are welcome to check illuming.com or elsewhere to compare prices. Yes, the ballast is slightly used, but still like new. Save money and get top of the line equipment at the same time!

I'm interested in the ballast...Where are you located?

Thanks

Marc

the aquafuge is nice, it now houses a tunze nano doc skimmer.

Which light? The MH light doesn't cause any heat problems at all. actually I run a 150w MH on it now and still no heat problems. It's all about the open top and the big fan. As for the fuge I replaced that with a clip on fluorescent light so I could fit the skimmer in there.

Archived