SaltCritters.com

Question about frogspawn (Pics)

njlovold

I purchased a frogspawn coral from my LFS several weeks ago. I noticed recently that at night it leaves it's mouth gaping open for multiple hours (sometimes longer) and then sometimes it will stick it's mouth up in a kind of pucker (really weird). During the day he seams perfectly fine. When this is happening nothing is coming out of his mouth (IE, he is not going to the bathroom). I am not sure if this is because he is sick or trying to feed or what. The pictures are below (one of each stage), I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Also, my parameters are as follows,

80W PC light 50/50

0 ammonia

0 nitrite

10 nitrate

8.4 ph

1.023 salinity

? calc (no test, sorry)

post-28124-1179607348_thumb.jpgpost-28124-1179607368_thumb.jpgpost-28124-1179607384_thumb.jpg

There should be enough flow, I have a refugium dumping straight down into the tank at 160gph, underneeth the refugium inflow is a powerhead pushing the incoming water at 130gph. There is also a protein skimmer that puts out 110gph.

darkfishy2690

could just be something your frogspawn likes to do. I have two heads of frogspawn one stays fully expanded at night and the other likes to go into its skeleton. I am sure that it is fine because it has grown another head ands slowly splitting away.

Archived