SaltCritters.com

18Gal tank by Acrylicman...automatic food feeder?

SuDo

Hello Everyone

I'm in the process of getting an 18Gal cube(or 28Gal flat back)Acrylic tanks from Acrylicman on eBay. I've been reading and looking at photos on this forum and found it very informative.

I'm setting up an aquarium in my office, i was wondering if you can mount an automatic food feeder to this tank? I've been looking at the pictures and it apears it's a pain in the butt to feed your fish. Do you have to remove the canopy everytime you feed? I'm also going to order a light retro kit from AHSupply 2X36 (The dimension of the reflectors are 17.5" long and the tank is 18" long. Kinda tight, but does it fit?) Or should i switch to the 28Gal Flat instead? i'm stuck trying to decide which tank to go for. Any suggestions would be great. And it it worth it to get an acrylic stand as well? or having a wood stand be more stable?

Thanks

Ben

The 18gal cube is a knockoff of CPR's cube. The skimmer that comes with the cube is a knockoff of CPR's SR2. It's loud with the rio600 and throws bubbles back into tank since the outlet side flows right over the return pump. I don't use it. I just do waterchanges. And I don't use the acrylic canopy. I just bought a used CSL 2x32 hood because it's a pain having to remove the acrylic canopy everytime you want to get in your tank or feed the fish. And the 36watt lights won't fit, since the tank is only around 15"x15"x15". Are you setting the tank up in a work office or home office?

J-Bass

Thanks for the info, I'm setting up this tank in my work office. Since i work at a research lab, i can get free RO/DI water from the tap :) (It's pretty cool here...all of the RO/DI pipes are made of glass). I want an automatic food feeder becauses i'm not in the office in the weekends and sometimes i'm out of town on business. The 28 Gal flat back is beginning to looks to be a better choice. I miss read the dimension of the canopy...it seems i can only fit 2 X 13 bright Kit from AHsupply. I don't think that's enough light. What other options are avaible to light this tank? how does the CSL 2x32 fit on your tank? Got pictures?

Thanks

SuDo

Archived