inTank Media Baskets

Oceanic Angles

varanus37

I'm wanting to crank up the pod population in the tank. What do you all think of/know about those "pods in a jug" products? I've seen them on a few sites but never in an LFS so hard to judge. I don't see how something like that is really feasible. I think I'm better off tossing some filter sponges in a friends sump for a week or so and then transplanting them.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These microbubbles are killing me but I did get a few pics tonight.

Clowns.

CSC_0197-1.jpg

CSC_0196-1.jpg

Randall's.

CSC_0204.jpg

CSC_0205.jpg

CSC_0206.jpg

Goby courtesy of Puffer Phish. Flash and non-flash.

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

His buddy.

CSC_0214.jpg

Duncans.

DSC_0201.jpg

Mushroom pile.

DSC_0200.jpg

Hope you can see the mix of colors on this one. Really nice.

CSC_0199.jpg

Neat and slowly spreading onto the LR.

CSC_0210.jpg

Took these two without looking because of the angled glass. Not bad.

CSC_0220.jpg

CSC_0219.jpg

Bill

I know it's a pest that caused me to bring these nudis into my tank but I think the nudis themselves are really neat. This guy has been in here for quite awhile and attained an impressive size so far as berghias go. They're extremely effective at getting rid of Aip's. Just an awesome inhabitant to watch.

DSC_0221.jpg

Same pic zoomed.

CSC_0228.jpg

On the move.

CSC_0229.jpg

CSC_0230.jpg

CSC_0231.jpg

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Had our monthly meeting last night and it went really well. Our raffle was a chiller, pretty good prize I think. Next month's raffle is a biocube and we're doing an MP40 after that. I won a door prize. The meeting host donated frags and I picked out some nice purple mushrooms on a good chunk of LR. I like shrooms and don't have purple yet so it worked out nicely.

Also had a member breaking down a tank due to moving out of state so scored some other free pieces. Mostly palys and anthelia covering two smaller rocks. Nothing crazy but free is good and this anthelia is a different type than I currently have so that's a plus. There were a few candy cane heads mixed on the one paly rock so that should be neat to see the interaction there.

I'll try and get pics of them soon.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

37000+ views! Thank you for continuing to tag along. The tank is doing well. I'm thinking of adding a secondary light fixture but am undecided. The Aip population continues to dwindle and corals are spreading nicely to make up the difference. I'm off for a few days so I'll try to get some pics up. No major changes but the growth is evident I think. I may actually try fragging my duncan.

Bill

NRF, I must say that I find it quite impressive that your signature quote gives a nod to both goat humping and caning.

Bill

Archived