Coral Vue Hydros

70w MH...Just plug it in

NebraskaDocs

NebraskaDocs

I just finished building this DIY 70w MH and I am going to be getting a taller tank so I'm jumping up to 250w (so much for trying to save money with a DIY :) ). I haven't taken pictures yet, but I can get some taken if there is interest. The ballast is an NAiS Aromat electronic ballast that I purchased used here at NR. Many here at NR use this ballast and I have only heard good things about it. The wiring is all complete with a ~4ft power chord from wall to ballast and an ~8ft power chord from ballast to fixture. The ballast itself is housed in a nice box for a really clean look. The fixture is a worklight with an on/off switch and mounting bracket that is hinged. The bulb is an Aqualine (AB) 10k bulb that everyone says burns in the 13k range. The bulb has less than 5hours on it! If you want to check the new price of this bulb and read reviews...you'll see that it is a great bulb. The ballast fires the bulb very well and only buzzes for about 5 seconds before going completely silent.

I don't have a price in mind yet...I am kind of gauging interest. I will try to get a price up soon, and pictures to follow.

NebraskaDocs

Alright, I took some pictures this morning so give me a day to get them posted. I checked and shipping is going to cost me anywhere from $17-22, including insurance, through the USPS. Let's say $115 OBO (I'll pay shipping and paypal fees). Pictures within 24 hours. Thanks for looking and please post if you're interested!

NebraskaDocs

post-27637-1179449694_thumb.jpgHere is a picture of the whole setup.

post-27637-1179450073_thumb.jpgThe ballast. I didn't take a picture of the bulb itself and I'm away from the setup (camera, computer, and MH in different places...go figure), but again the bulb is an AB (Aqualine) 13k with about 5 hours on it.

post-27637-1179450175_thumb.jpgThe fixture.

post-27637-1179450218_thumb.jpgThe "business" end of the setup. Very bright!

post-27637-1179450312_thumb.jpg One of the nice things about this fixture instead of the Reagents or Brinks DIY fixture is that this will give you more mounting options. It can be screwed to the stand that came with it, it can be screwed into a piece of wood in the canopy, a simple 2x4 across the tank...lots more options here.

I don't have a picture of the bulb over a tank because I haven't yet set up the tank that I built this for. Your best bet if you want to see the color is to research reviews here on NR or over at Reefcentral.

Again, this is a great deal. Everything except the ballast is basically brand new and I am confident that you won't have any problems with the ballast (I was confident enough to buy it myself about a week ago...lol). If you wanted just this bulb new it costs about $85 at marinedepot.

PM me if you're interested!

Archived