SaltCritters.com

huge snails

ssirishpride

ssirishpride

and they are f-n huge. not just big, they are the size of half a baseball. i am actually scared to put them in. do lfs usually take hugs snails as trade-ins? i want to let them eat some of the alega and such, but they are gonna eat themselves outta house and home.not to mention bulldozing my frags. i have my wife sending me a pic of these things. i'll post it when i get it.

here's the pic

post-25364-1179250202_thumb.jpg

Ricky@3rdshift

How big are those guys really? I have a coupe that are golf ball sized and seem to be ok in my tank. They knock a few things around occasionally but not near as much as my crabs.

coolwaters

at my LFS they had a turbo the size of my fist O.O

i thought it was fake for a minute...

so about 4"

ssirishpride

they really are so big as to be funny to see. i like them, but they are knocking stuff all over. given time they would destroy the tank. i am already having to clean up in their wake. they sure are knida cool though.

forrestp38829

I just got a couple of those guys, look to be the same size as yours. I agree they do wreak havok. :lol: I'll worry about mine after they have done thier job. :D

I have taken emerald crabs, Xenia, & Kenya trees back to an lfs when they outgrew my 5.5g. Some lfs's will give you credit, some will just "take them off your hands." The latter is fine with me--at least they have a chance to live on. (Though I'd rather give them to a local reefer, if I knew any!)

I have a couple of zebra turbos that are maybe acorn-sized (big acorn!). They eat a lot of algae without upsetting anything...

--Diane

Archived