Cultivated Reef

MY 29G IS up!

stonepran

stonepran

TANK1.JPG

After just getting tank...

TANK3.JPG

Heres the tank running, with water filled and sump fully working...

TANK4.JPG

Picture of the sump...

woohoo, after months of planning its up. Been running for 4 hours now :) This is my first nano, so it might not look great although a matching black hood and 2x65 Retro kit should be here very shortly. I promise my picture taking skills will get better over time.. I know these arn't the best. I currently have about 30lbs of sand, 20lbs of arag-alive and another 10lbs or so of dead arag. I have the sand so the the front is a short amount of sand for viewing, around 1 1/2 - 2inch tall, while as you move towards the back of the tank the slope gets higher.

The only problem I really have is that my MAG5 in my sump is making a bit of excess noise. Once I close the stand door the sound certainly drops, but I still here this hmmmmm sound until I leave the room. I'm 99% certain its not the pump itself, but rather the vibration of the pump hitting the glass sump, and perhaps a combo of that hitting the wood stand, ect.. Anyone have some suggestions on how to deaden this area? :)

darkblade

I had a MAG 5.....made 2 much noise on my 30g for the wifey.

Bought a Lifeguard Quiet 1.....this thing is SILENT.

Only reason I know it's running is that my Durso is noisy now, couldn't hear it with the MAG.

You could try a foam pad. Like 1/2" closed cell foam, or maybe some rubber gasket material. Most Home improvement stores carry it. Comes in 4x6" sheets. I used it under my Rio in my 10's 'fuge.

Very nice looking tank and set-up.

As for the noise I would try and put some foam under the pump. If its the vibration this should work, if not I am not sure how to make the pump less noisy

JJ

Looks great. Don't forget to flood this thread with pictures once you get it running.

How much did you pay for that stand? Do you like it? Is it sturdy under the tank? I'm thinking of getting the same one.

Thanks everyone.

I plan to add a mouse pad around the mag in the sump to help with the noise, although I've noticed that the mag is already making a less hum I added a bit more water and seems to be very low key.

And don't worry, I plan to flood my post with hundreds of photos of my tank ! Heres 3 more , as I'm waiting for my retro kit to arrive this week you can see my temp lighting! I should get a patent on this , hehe

I also picked up these 2 pieces of LR. I couldn't pass up this wonderful larger piece, the lighting conditions don't show the colors good at all although both have some excellent purple alg, I'm guessing that's coralline, and some bright orange. Not sure what that is.

MVC-0001.JPG

TANK10.JPG

TANK11.JPG

Archived