Pod Your Reef

Starting All Over!

rhoople

enough of the SRT talk because i guarentee my SRT-4 is faster then any of the cars mentioned in this thread lol

anyways the tank is starting to look good

I dont know about that guys, unless you guys are in the mid 11's. Hey matty what are you running? guess what i just put in the car just some laughing gas, and what a coincidence all be laughing all the way to the finish line.

Hey rhoople since you live in wisconsin maybe we can meet up at Union Grove and have a couple of races, and when your tank matures a bit we can swap some frags.

I love how this just became a conversation about cars. LOL

Yes you are going to have to turn over the sand and you are going to have to replace some of the sand with new sand. Ohh and have fun cleaning the sand bed, its going to be a PITA. But atleast you will be able to keep a cool pair of jawfish.

MMmmm eclipse for breakfast LOL

lol i have yet to get to the track but next month my car goes to real tune performance for a complete revamp and i will be pushing out 450 WHP on pump and will have launch control on slicks

matty nice let me know what your running.

rhoople how is the tank, have you gotten a cycle yet hopefully its small.

Well My readings for both nitrite, and nitrate are zero, ammonia is zero, cal. is 480 and I don't have any brown Alg. yet.... All animals are looking better than ever, so I don't know what I did wrong. Should be something going bad by now with that little cycle time I gave it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, now I have a problem. I've noticed that 1 of my finger corals is looking a little peaked, and has developed some tiny black spots on it's surface. I'll try to get a pic of it. when I have some freeken time.

• 3 weeks later...

To all of you out there, where is the best place to buy coral frags? Been looking all over and have no luck yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've gotten some great service from reefermadness.us and vividaquariums.com. I plan to order from dr. macs soon too (pacificeastaquaculture.com). You generally need to put in a larger oder to make it worthwhile (b/c of shipping costs), but I have to do it b/c I live in DC with no car. I order everything online.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what do you people think I should do, go for a UV unit, or the ozoneizer? Let me know which would be the best move, and why, or is either one even nessassry?

The tank seems to be doing real well. All my reading are great, 0's across the board. Nitrite, Nitrate,

Phosphate, Amonia, Calcium is around 480, and Salinity is at 26. I just don't know what might have happened to that tang, I've had them in there before, and they lasted for years. This one is a little smaller than the other one was, but that's why I put him in the other tank at first, for observation. Oh well my observation didn't pay off. Thats why I askedthe question about the UV and Ozone would either one help or ar they just a waste of cash? i've read that they are worth their weight in dog ######, but I don't know which wat to turn now, maybe everything is okay, and it was just the fish. My pulsing zenis are growing like weeds. I just need to add more color to the tank, but don't know what o add next. I know the new pumps are a must before I add anything else. After that I don't know what to ad first. HELP!!

• 3 weeks later...
The tank seems to be doing real well. All my reading are great, 0's across the board. Nitrite, Nitrate,

Phosphate, Amonia, Calcium is around 480, and Salinity is at 26. I just don't know what might have happened to that tang, I've had them in there before, and they lasted for years. This one is a little smaller than the other one was, but that's why I put him in the other tank at first, for observation. Oh well my observation didn't pay off. Thats why I askedthe question about the UV and Ozone would either one help or ar they just a waste of cash? i've read that they are worth their weight in dog ######, but I don't know which wat to turn now, maybe everything is okay, and it was just the fish. My pulsing zenis are growing like weeds. I just need to add more color to the tank, but don't know what o add next. I know the new pumps are a must before I add anything else. After that I don't know what to ad first. HELP!!

Hm, from what i've read the UV sterilizers aren't very helpful unless very specific parameters are met. For a young tank like yours i would wait on that. I'm gonna say this WAY nicer than hecsrt-4 because, well, i'm not an #######: i think at least another week of cycling would've been beneficial to your reef. Although i doubt your loss of a tang is due to the cycling issues (because your stats and fish seem to be doing fine) it's always good to be sure. Did you just put the tang in there from another tank or did you aclimate the fish? if you acclimated there shouldn't have been any problems because you would've seen the fish acting differently as his water levels changed slowly. In any case whats done is done. I would now reccomend getting some coral packs (colorful ones) from an online dealer or from your LFS.

Did you say you don't have pumps in there?

-David

Archived