Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stress level back to normal finally!!

leslr

Hi Guys.

Well my stress levels are finally back to normal. First off wife gets new 15 gal tall and stand on sale and wants 10 gal transfered- problem 1. moving in 3weeks to new house. Problem 2. Best way of dismantelling new tank to move to new house,and reset up.

Problem 3. New bulbs arrive in mail 1 week before move, no sign of sockets. Stress level max!!

Any way got tank transfer 10 to 15 done ok-Corals not to happy, Move day arrived and got tank dismanteled at 5am. My LFS gave me some styro foam containers and I P/U a few boxs of Zip-Lock bags. Moved the corals/fish etc into the bags and boxs. Used a large Rubber maid container with most of the water from the tank for the LR,and wrapped it up with a large comforter. Left about a 6" water level over the sand with 2 pieces of LR to act as sort of a wave barrier (worked great). Got to new house and when I had the chance put everything back together. Only lost a cleaner shrimp, and 1 hermit.

As soon as the tank cleared up next morning, sockets were in mail so managed to get the new lights put in-2x32w Smart bulbs in the Eclipse 1 hood.

Heres a quick pic of how everything looks today -tk has been up for 4 days now. Please excuse the mess as I had a rock fall from the turbo's pushing everything over during the night.

leslr.

harbingerofthefish

haven't noticed that avatar in a while.

the setup looks good to me. is that a fox next to the clam. seen so many pics of these lately, gonna have to get me one.

Archived