SaltCritters.com

ghost shrimp and longnose hawkfish

pete159

i just bought a longnose hawk. he is doing well but did not seem to eat the krill i bought, and the frozen mysis shrimp he stared at and nibbled. i put in one live ghost shrimp and he ate it up right away.

So should i keep trying to train him onto frozen, will he eventually eat it? how many live ghost shrimp can you add to a 24 gallon aquapod with 35 lbs live rock. Will he eat themma ll as fast as he can or will they last a week or so and he'll only eat when hungry. i can buy 10 for 4$

linkia lady

My longnose hawkfish ate frozen food just like all my other fish. He pretty much ate anything including my scralett and peppermint shrimp! He might have been fed live food at the LFS. I had mine for about a year then one day he took the magic carpet ride. He was a cool fish.

i just bought a longnose hawk. he is doing well but did not seem to eat the krill i bought, and the frozen mysis shrimp he stared at and nibbled. i put in one live ghost shrimp and he ate it up right away.

So should i keep trying to train him onto frozen, will he eventually eat it? how many live ghost shrimp can you add to a 24 gallon aquapod with 35 lbs live rock. Will he eat themma ll as fast as he can or will they last a week or so and he'll only eat when hungry. i can buy 10 for 4$

FYI, Ghost Shrimp are freshwater animals. They'll survive a few days in your reef, but not much longer than that, so it's not advisable to buy more than your fish will eat in that time. I feed a bag of 10 ($1.79 for me) to my mantis once a month or so. After 2 days I've always got to remove a few dead shrimp.

Archived