ReefCleaners.org

BTA is MIA

idog

Man, I am so ###ed right now!

My anemone is gone. It has been in the same spot now for over a year. It began to move a bit yesterday. Either encroachment by my bubble coral or maybe it doesn't like the new higher temps that come in Spring...

My Maroon is looking at me like "Dude, WTF?"

I can see the base under my largest rock, so I have no idea where it is going to pop up, or what it might damage when it does when it comes out tomorrow. Man should have listened to the "no nems in nanos speeches."

feb5001.jpg

I built my whole bloody tank around that BTA. I don't think this is going to be pretty...

RayWhisperer

Me thinks it's the rising temps.... Mine went on the move over the weekend as well. Hadn't moved in over a year, then sat morning, it's on the opposite side of the tank. Sun morning, it had moved again, it's been there ever since. I don't have much else in the tank, except 3 of it's clones.

Chupacabras

Was it still expanding and were the tentacles nice and full just prior to it retreating into the rocks?

No 'nems in nano's is bunk; a 24 is big enough for a BTA. As you've learned, temperature or slight changes in flow pattern can get a BTA to retreat into the rocks until it gets used to the new environment.

Watch out for it retreating down into the rocks. If it doesn't do that and it doesn't stay in the exact same spot (in the rockwork) for a week, you shouldn't have to take any extreme steps for a couple weeks at least.

I fed it some prawn the day before it began to move. It got a little shriveled as it often does when it wants to expel some waste. Come to think of it, it looked a little "stretched" when I fed it.

Still didn't emmerge today. It is just hanging out under my rocks. I can see it and it looks intact, so I don't know...

RayWhisperer

Did the mouth look stretched? It may have split. I had one of my clones hide in a hole for almost a week.

Archived