SaltCritters.com

minimum gallon reqs

zhubbell

I have a couple species i was wondering what minimum tank size you would keep them in:

arrow crab

serpent star

harlequin shrimp

pencil urchin

wait.... wait.... wait...

are you planning on putting these all in one tank?

no man, these are all seperate questions....

the only two that im considering for the same tank are a pencil urchin and a cleaner shrimp, which is fine, right?

Fishfreak218

the only two that im considering for the same tank are a pencil urchin and a cleaner shrimp, which is fine, right?

those two would work together just fine...

Chupacabras

Harlequin shrimp are starfish eaters, Duncan.

arrow crab 15 gallon

serpent star 30 gallon

harlequin shrimp 20 gallon

pencil urchin 20 gallon

Of course, this all depends on what else you want to keep or how much maintenance you want to do. The numbers are somewhat arbitrary and you could probably go a size smaller if any of these are the central species of the tank.

The harlequins get a fairly large tank for their size due to feeding requirements (much like anemone's, they can spike your nutrient load and cause a crash if you're not extremely careful). Physically I'd feel comfortable with them in a 10 gallon but there's certainly a goodly amount of risk in doing it.

Chupacabras

You don't have any cleaner shrimp listed; just to clarify, none of the listed species are a type of cleaner (with the exception of the star, of course), but cleaner shrimp should be compatible with everything you've got listed.

Archived