Pod Your Reef

Highest offer WINS!NEW in Box unopened! Current Fission Nano Skimmer

Vertigo

I have this skimmer and I havent opened it. I will consider trading it for a frag(s) of any type, or even fish or other equip. This is your chance to get that skimmer in that nano of yours! (this is my sales pitch)lol... Just PM me with offers and I will let the winner know Monday Morning the winner! I will ship to the lower 48 states. Please make offers with pics if possible, Thanks everyone and happy trading! :)

Here is a better pic, mine is still unopened this is details and image.FissionNanoskimmer.jpg

Hi Vertigo!

Any pics of the skimmer? I have seen a lot written about them here but haven't seen one.

elchicodelgado

I'm sure that you guys would be ###ed if he screwed with your sale threads so why don't you leave him alone unless you are actually interested.

Thanks elchicdelgado, I know that some of these skimmer arent for so ppl and thats ok, I am serious about trading it though and if anyone is interested please PM me with any offers. Thanks everyone!

ezcompany
I'm sure that you guys would be ###ed if he screwed with your sale threads so why don't you leave him alone unless you are actually interested.

Auctions are not allowed per forum rules. If you want to trade, then fine. If you want to sell, post a price and post it on the classifieds thread.

Prohibited uses:

• Selling large quantities of corals, frags, "frag packs," or new equipment.

• Advertising items for sale at a business website

• Advertising auctions

• Posting items for sale on a weekly basis.

Guys--we really should start a thread where newer people come in and save the day--not realizing this is "our charm".

Please---all their posts are so valiant. I will think about getting one started in the lounge. We can cut and paste.

Auctions are not allowed per forum rules. If you want to trade, then fine. If you want to sell, post a price and post it on the thread.

Prohibited uses:

• Selling large quantities of corals, frags, "frag packs," or new equipment.

• Advertising items for sale at a business website

• Advertising auctions

• Posting items for sale on a weekly basis.

EZ, are you sure? It says "Advertising auctions". That sounds like you're not supposed to advertise something you have listed on Ebay or other auction site. I don't take that to mean that you can't have your own little auction for your own item that you want to sell/trade.
ezcompany
EZ, are you sure? It says "Advertising auctions". That sounds like you're not supposed to advertise something you have listed on Ebay or other auction site. I don't take that to mean that you can't have your own little auction for your own item that you want to sell/trade.

well technically, he is taking "offers", but him setting a date and waiting to see the highest "offer" is pretty much what an auction is, but a secret one. i'm not a mod but that would be my take on it =/

Where's Adinnnn!! Most of us know the skimmer isn't worth the plastic it's made from, but there's ALWAYS someone out there that will buy it. Perhaps Ebay would be a better choice for this particular item, since at least 3/4 of us on Nanoreef know how horrible the Fisson Nano skimmer really is. Not to discourage from this "auction/sale" but I doubt you'll see any offers of anything on here, especially corals since shipping cost for live goods alone is worth more than the skimmer, not even counting the item that's shipped...

Ok, give someone some slack...I didnt expect to get much for this thing anyway, maybe someone just wanted one to tamper with to make something useful out of it. I didnt put it up like an auction or it wouldve went on eBay. Phixion, I am going to educate you on something here and everyone else so that we can get this issue straight, First off to be a member on this site you receive rights and under those rights is a link in every post to (!Report!) If you feel like you want to report this then that is ok. If a Mod wants to pull this down thats ok too. I am not running a business here. Just trying to see if someone wanted 1. I have no use for it. I have had a few offers,lol, most are laughable and thats fine. It will sit in the box and someone will want 1 I am sure as the price went up this spring from $24.99 to $29.99. So Its like owning gold! LOL But this isnt breaking the rules, I am not promoting ANY auction site or ANY business. I was just taking offers. I have been around old school traders all my life, my old man is 1 and is the best traders around. This is in no way any form of an auction and anyway, I am not taking anymore offers at this time.

Something that I have noticed, is it just me or is it that trouble is always a breath around every corner? And the phrase:"Can you leave well enough alone" ring any bells? Not to affend anyone but, there is alot of troublesome people in the great big world that we live in, its like no one can see anyone else get ahead even for a second. Thanks everyone, and happy reefing! :)

fraggle rockette

dont worry- i'm not affended wolv :D

when i do trades i just always remember that reefers are cheap (not saying im not either- haha) and try to not buy things unless im definately gonna use them (hence me not having a sump/skimmer/cannister/uv/etc. as of yet-plus no $-lol)... otherwise, i'll have to practically give them away at the next MNS. bleh. it's all :) yo- carry on :P

HecticDialectics

To be fair, trading implies "highest offer winning". "I will trade X for a good offer" is still trading. I think that auction rule is more explicitly for -advertising- auctions. Otherwise, the rule should ban "holding auctions," which would require the trader to state exactly what he wants to trade for in the thread.

BlackOcean

Seriously....For all the sensitive people out there that are think we are being hard on this guy. This is the worst product ever made. If we can prevent someone from making the mistake most of us did that would be great. Dude. Throw the skimmer away and keep the pump.

Save it for a closed loop on the coffee pot pico contest. :P HAHA!! I am trying to get everyone motivated. I know fraggle is with me. :D

fraggle rockette
Seriously....For all the sensitive people out there that are think we are being hard on this guy. This is the worst product ever made. If we can prevent someone from making the mistake most of us did that would be great. Dude. Throw the skimmer away and keep the pump.

Save it for a closed loop on the coffee pot pico contest. :P HAHA!! I am trying to get everyone motivated. I know fraggle is with me. :D

i totally am- i have no $ but i do have stuff for a coffee pot, including pump and ballast. anything that costs me less than $20 in this hobby is awesome :D

on with the show.... :happy:

nano-paul
Guys--we really should start a thread where newer people come in and save the day--not realizing this is "our charm".

Please---all their posts are so valiant. I will think about getting one started in the lounge. We can cut and paste.

:lol: Best idea ever! I will follow suit!!!!

Vertigo, you obviously didn't read my post to you thuroughly. I never stated that your thread it out of line or even that it should be deleted. All I did was offer you an honest nickle worth of free advice to HELP you out. If most people here know this is a terrible product, then why try to sell it here? Ebay has far more people willing to pay top dollar for your "gold" as you refered to it as, not to mention many more people that don't have experience with the Fisson as we here have. Seriously consider selling it there as you could end up selling it for more than you paid for it. But don't honestly expect coral trads from it, like said, the shipping is worth more than the product you're trading with. Please refrain from associating me with those that said your thread is against the rules, as I NEVER stated that at all, even once.

Good luck and happy selling.

All I did was offer you an honest nickle worth of free advice
Nickle?!? What happened to $0.02? Must be some inflation goin' on out there. ;)

Archived