Coral Vue Hydros

New tank, suggestions?

supernip

I have this new fruity looking baby blue 4gal high (AGA!!!) and I dunno what to do with it, suggestions? I might paint it black too... I dunno. here's the picture

wetworx101

Good luck on the lighting, but if you want an nano-reef with it, you had better get 2 or three 13w power compact lights to light it up...I over compensate on the watts per gallon due to the tank's depth. 3x13 watts should fit above it and provide...almost 10 watts per gallon. Get 8 lbs of live rock to stack up in there, some macro, a couple corals...maybe a feather duster...and a single tiny goby like a neon...and a couple snails...a couple hermit crabs...and call it a day. BTW, use a single powerhead for circulation and the live rock will filter ALL. Have fun...that is just my idea...

If I were you I would do the ligthing like wet worx suggested. BUT..... I would not stack the rock up high,. Instead I would get like one tall growing soft coral like a green sinularia. Then on the rock I would just have zoos growing. For the cleanup crew I would only have nessarius snails and one emerald crab.

Edit: Oh ya for decorative live stock I would only put in one mated pair of sexy shrimp and definitely no fishies.

Smoking-I got if off ebay for 4 bucks.

Everyone else- It's my "computer closet" nano so lighting will be a 20k 150 hqi halide. I'm just not too sure on how to fill it and what I should do with my LR. Maybe just red sea xenia and anthilias, with a tang. lol I need something to keep the weed down.

And no, I'm not bull######ting, maybe a 1/2inch hippo tang. Or screw it, I'll get some anglers.:D

Archived