Top Shelf Aquatics

Rimless Picos: 1.5g and 2.5g

yankeereefer

yankeereefer

Came across a great deal yesterday on Pico tanks at one of my LFS - So good, I went back today and bought the rest of what they had.

I have 5ea 1.5g and 1ea 2.5g rimless pico tanks. The front 2 edges of tank are rounded, the backs are flat. I don't know if any of it's tempered glass or not. The 2.5g is on top in the photo - Sorry the pix are crappy. The "ghost" lines in each of the tanks are a reflection. There is also something on the 2.5 in the pic (rt side) that looks like a crack - I assure you that there are no cracks in the glass of any of these tanks.

DSC03085.jpg

There are other pics and a video in the member's forum. My thread's called "New Tanks" These were taken yesterday of the 2 tanks I bought.

I'm asking $25 including ground shipping (residential UPS is like $8-9 depending on location) for either size. The rest of the cost is the tank, packaging and paypal fees. I also offered a couple people 2 for $40 so I'll honor that here - Tanks will be packaged separately in order to prevent damage.

I'm a little worried about shipping the tanks - I have access to boxes, bubble wrap and peanuts from work. Buying them would have to be at your risk.

I'm welcome to suggestions for protecting them, but I know how UPS / FedEx handles freight.

Again, shipping would be at your risk - I can't be held responsible for, or refund your cash if UPS loses or trashes the tank. I'm not trying to scam anyone - I have 1000+ posts here, 400+ over on Reefcentral (same screen name) and 40+ on ebay. I'm trying to pass along a fair deal to my fellow reefers on some pretty neat little tanks.

One of the 1.5's is tenatively sold pending paypal transaction. I'll ship during the week within 1-2 days of receiving payment. I'll PM all buyers with the tracking number once shipped.

Tanks will be sold to interested parties in order of receipt of post and PM and paypal payment.

Phewww - That's a long post - I wanted to be thorough.

yankeereefer
you should give measurements

Thanks fish -I thought about that after the fact

1.5g = 9x6x7.25

2.5g = 12x7x7.5

Note: the only 2.5 and 1 of the 5 1.5's are pending SOLD

I should also add that I'm only shipping within the US

YR

yankeereefer

I'm off to bed now - Please post your interests here and I'll PM or post in the morning

Thanks for looking

YR

Those tanks looks like Ocean Free, especially taking notes of the dimension of them.

Where are you located?

yankeereefer
Those tanks looks like Ocean Free, especially taking notes of the dimension of them.

Where are you located?

I don't know the Ocean Free brand - Supposedly the company that made these is no longer around which is why the LFS marked them down.

I am located in IL

2.5g is gone and I have only 3 of the 1.5's left

YR

yankeereefer

1 for $25 or 2 for $40 - Only 3 of the 1.5g's are left -

Prices include shipping and handling from IL

I do not know if they are tempered glass or not.

Thanks for your interest

yankeereefer

Tanks purchased last night have been packed up and will be shipped out today - I will PM the buyers with tracking numbers shortly.

Tanks purchased today will ship tomorrow or Monday

YR

yankeereefer

All tanks have been spoken for

paypal pending on the final 3 of them

These were all the tanks the LFS had or will be getting as the manufacturer is no longer around.

Thanks for everyone's interest.

Ryan , Good deal on tanks .....wish I had room for another one . Here's a bump for ya ! And you never told me if you finished the 30 gal . Oceanic frog tank . John

yankeereefer

John - Nope, the 30g still sitting there collecting dust - My 10g viv is done, but I keep spending my forg money on stuff like this :P

nanoclown- PM sent

:lol: .......Ok , thought by now you had it up and running , hang on to it , they make great viv's . Also don't know if you have tried Pete's friut fly media , but it is great ! I'm getting excellent yeilds from it and it puts " Ed's Fly Meat " to shame . Just thought I'd pass the info along . ;)
yankeereefer

I'll be in touch with you before I buy frogs - Maybe you can teach me the finer points of raising FF's. I want to make sure I have that down pat beforehand so I know that I won't be panicking over starving froggies

Last of the 1.5's is still available

Ryan

I'll be in touch with you before I buy frogs - Maybe you can teach me the finer points of raising FF's. I want to make sure I have that down pat beforehand so I know that I won't be panicking over starving froggies

Last of the 1.5's is still available

Ryan

Anytime Ryan ! I got a few other tips for you also . ;)

mascencerro
John - Nope, the 30g still sitting there collecting dust - My 10g viv is done, but I keep spending my forg money on stuff like this :P

So I'm not the only one with the 10g viv neglect syndrome. :) I spent my extra frog money on substrate and plants for a 5g cube I built from scrap tempered glass from work. I however did just get my first flies today, and jars, and going to start the cultures this weekend probably.

Where in IL are you?

Im 60448....what LFS did you go to?

We'll have to frag swap sometime :)

yankeereefer
Where in IL are you?

Naperville 60540

what LFS did you go to?

I could tell you, but then you know..... ;)

You're Mokena, right? Ever get up this way?

Naperville 60540

I could tell you, but then you know..... ;)

You're Mokena, right? Ever get up this way?

Nope, but I was planning on meeting one dude thats on 3reef at some point. He's in Naperville too :P

We should swap and do a LFS run sometime if you're up for it :)

yankeereefer
Nope, but I was planning on meeting one dude thats on 3reef at some point. He's in Naperville too :P

We should swap and do a LFS run sometime if you're up for it :)

That'd be great! No real good LFS's around me anymore, but when you have a fuller day to hang out we can make a run a little further north of me

Do you post over on ReefCentral? If not, check out the CMAS forum, lot's of other locals online over there

Look forward to meeting you sometime

Ryan

So I'm not the only one with the 10g viv neglect syndrome. :) I spent my extra frog money on substrate and plants for a 5g cube I built from scrap tempered glass from work. I however did just get my first flies today, and jars, and going to start the cultures this weekend probably.

Nope your not alone :happy: , I have a 10 gal viv & a 30 gal cube display , along with a 12 gal. nano cube , 54 gal. reef & 70 gallon prop tank . No need to explain where all my money goes . :rolleyes:

My LFS carries those as well, I picked up the 3.5G for $19, and I saw the 2.5G for $12. I didn't look at the smallest size. They seem to be well made, and the glass is somewhat thick for a tank that small. The rounded front corners are a nice plus as well.

Mine came with a glass cover and included clips to hold the cover recessed over the rimless top edge. But I don't see that in these pictures.

Archived