Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 55g

drgndrums

drgndrums

I picked up my camera today to take a few shots. It's my first time really playing with a camera much but I think I came out with a couple good shots to introduce my tank.

Stock list:

False Percs x2

Tail Spot Blenny

Neon Goby

Flameback Angel

Yellow Watchman

Pep Shrimps x2

Cleaner Shrimp

Porcelin Crabs x2

These two are definately my best shots:

100_5963.jpg

100_5959-1.jpg

Meet the fish!

100B5921.jpg

100_5732.jpg

100_5891.jpg

100_5737.jpg

100_5739.jpg

100_5734-1.jpg

The watchman was being camera shy...

The flash and reflection in some of those shots is unfortunate but I started yesterday when the lights were off.

Nice looking shoots! I am going to start a 55 gallon as well. What equipment are you running? Also do you have a FTS?

CantThinkofaName

I have heard that putting the lens right up against the glass helps with the flash glare.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test it yet since there isn't anything in my tank yet.

drgndrums

Thanks!

Nothing too fancy:

Coralife double compact

Aquaclear 110 filter

Maxijet 1200 x2

Coralife Super Skimmer

I'll be setting up a refugium shortly, it's in the mail.

No FTS as of yet.

I have heard that putting the lens right up against the glass helps with the flash glare.

That definately seemed to be the case.

Turning off all of your water pumps and letting things settle helps too. Leave your lighting on, and turn off the flash. See if that helps. None the less, you do have some very good shots just the way they are. The first 2 are very good. How long have you had the tank running?

alexmurovec

turn off the flash on those pictures and you should get some more true colored pictures. nice tank though.

drgndrums

Flash is off on the first three pictures and the one with the blenny, clown, and goby. I'd try turning off pumps but thats their cue that its feeding time so the whole tank is swimming to the top :)

This tanks been up and running since about New Years. Stocking has been slow and steady since. I'll probably post new and better pictures as I go along.

Thanks for the comments.

Being that I'm new to this forum, I'm not too sure as to how you go about loading pics, can someone explain that to me?

nice crab.

nice shrimp.

nice fish.

nice coral.

nice tank.

:lol:

:lol:

Being that I'm new to this forum, I'm not too sure as to how you go about loading pics, can someone explain that to me?

to load a image, you can upload your image in the gallery.

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/uploadphoto.php

after which you have uploaded, click My Photos, right click the image and click properties.

copy the address/url...and click 'insert image', paste the address/url and you're done.

here's a image for you..

:happy:

image29fh8je6.jpg

Archived