Pod Your Reef

rock anenomes

Mmorse

the lfs I went too was selling rock anenomes for 1.50, I thought about getting a couple should I or would these be a bad idea? they looked kinda neat

Karkadannspiral

If they look pretty enough to buy, get a separate tank for em and have at it :) Thats what I did with some nice bright green majano anemones, they have a separate 5 gal all to themselves.

Id say a separate tank however, as they are pests if they are aptasia.

technoshaman

Some places sell a 'curlique' anemone that grows a bit larger than aiptasia and is more attractive but is in same family. Or it may be a flower anemone which are a tropical atlantic species and can be very attractive and sort of undemanding. Look at www.reeftopia.com I think they sell both or use google image search you may find something that matches what your store is selling.

Ditto on majanos - I have a few in my 75, they are annoying - I had one that decided to move into the middle of a patch of zoos but I have one thats about 3" across fully expanded and is gorgeous, I didn't have the heart to kalk him and he's stayed put.

they are called flower/rock anemonies...they are mushroom like with short tentacles on the outer portion..they have a mouth in the middle and dont move much at all....they need little lighting but need to be fed....i am going to put one or two in my 2.5 i think....they should not cost mor then 4 bucks

Archived