Pod Your Reef

Aqua Medic Calcium Reactor 400

mufret

I have 2 of these available. These are perfect reactors for smaller tanks. Easy to setup and easy to operate. Includes the circulation pump. One is new in the box - never been used - $90. The second one is being used until my new reactor arrives. Used for about 2 months but looks like new. Will be cleaned prior to shipping - $75. No issues at all but ended up being a little small because I changed my setups to add more warter volume.

New One

AquaMedic400calciumreactor003.jpg

One being used

AquaMedic400calciumreactor001.jpg

NanoClown

i was looking at getting one of these, but how good do these really work considering they are relativly cheap in price

It's really going to depend on your calcium demand. Aqua Medic rates it at up to 100g

http://www.aqua-medic.de/seawater/en/11/KR400/

For a SPS dominate tank, probably 55g or so. I ended up adding a larger sump and a refugium to my setup which signiicantly increased my water volume. It didn't have any problem keeping my calcium up until I made those changes.

co2 regulator + co2 tank.

Thanks for helping with the quick info, Meada!

As Maeda stated, you'll need a regulator and tank to make it operational.

Thanks for helping with the quick info, Meada!

As Maeda stated, you'll need a regulator and tank to make it operational.

I have my own agenda. :D

I want to see more people trying mini calcium reactors!

I have my own agenda. :D

I want to see more people trying mini calcium reactors!

Well, I am trying to do my part B)

• 2 weeks later...

what does a tank and regulator cost..i am thinking about adding one to my tank because of my larger SPS i have got into

You can normally get the best prices on CO2 tanks and regulators at a welding supply or beverage supply store. Another place to look are at any of the home brew stores. Used ones come up for sale on a lot of the reef sites, as well. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Both of the reactors are still available. Also have a used Milwaukee regulator w/ solenoid and bubble counter and a Pinpoint PH monitor available to bundle with one of the reactors. Would then just need a CO2 tank!

Archived