Pod Your Reef

My 10AGA prop tank.

dtfleming

dtfleming

Started to setup my 10AGA prop tank.

AC110 mod as fuge

PS 218 powerhead

Rio nano skimmer

Sunpod 20" 150 W(bought of ebay brandnew)

50W heater in AC110

going to do two rows of eggcrate

Here's some pics

p5010001gr3.jpg

p5010002gu7.jpg

p5010003ot2.jpg

Got to get eggcrate,pvc, and wait for the light to come in, and buy the skimmer.

dtfleming

Just put a blue background on, dont know if Im going to put baffles in. I would need to find some arylic to cut and silcone in.

dtfleming

Anyone know where I could get some small pieces of arcylic or plastic to make baffles? Home Depot,Lowes,Michael's?

home depot has sheets, but are fairly expensive. try looking in the yellow pages for local dealers. they might have scraps you could go through. i know there are places like that in Toronto, so there has to be some in the U.S.

looks awesome btw!

Tim

yea i would put in baffles so you can create a chemical media area seprate from your fuge zone.

dtfleming

Update:5/3/07

Added a baffle to the AC110

Bottom shelf

p5030001aia4.jpg

Top shelf (still need to cut in for intake pipe and I cut down the intake on the AC110)

p5030002acq3.jpg

I'll get some more pics When all is installed in the tank.

If you move your center support to the front of you cat walk you should still have plenty of stiffness and it will free up more room on the bottom shelf.

As well as make the bottom shelf more accessible.

even if you had to add a second brace support at the T junction you will still have an easier time maneuvering around the bottom shelf

Building the stagging has been my favorite part so far lol

Already contempating how to put in a 3 or 4 stage tier in my Ap12.

dtfleming

Here's some pics with shelves in.

FTS with shelves over all height of the shelves are 9"

p5030001bvk6.jpg

Sideview shot, shelves are 2" back from the front wall

p5030002bkh1.jpg

Shot of the baffle installed in the AC110-compartment 1-heater and filter media. Compartment 2-fuge.

p5030003azn3.jpg

dtfleming

I wanted room in the front with access to the bottom of the tank if needed to put frags to acclimate to MH light. and I have 1/2" clearance on the sides if I need it, I still need to figure out where I'm gonna put the nano skimmer.

are the legs glued? you might want to think about some cross bracing on those legs they are looking a bit untrustworthy..

Did you cap the bottom legs to avoid sediment from building up in them?

or slot the bottom to allow flow through?

Im going to cut the legs down on the top shelf to 4" from 6" its a little to close to the top. My Sunpod has been shipped and waiting for that to come in. IM also going to buy a Aqua remora nano skimmer and a palm light for the fuge. Once I get them I'm going to add the water and get it up and running. I already fragged some GSP and my superman mushroom. I'm thinking about buying a DIY ATO for the tank also.

I highly recommend the ATO i am thinking about setting one up the evap is insane on mine.\

I have been debating a skimmer but have not made up my mind as of yet.

Thats what I was thinking to about the skimmer, I plan on putting my yellowtail damsel in the tank so that's why I was considering the skimmer.

With the evaporation as high as it is i would like a skimmer to help keep things in check.

I was thinking about getting one of those JBJ auto top offs. I can add water morning and night no problem and my lady is home during the day to add some if needed but that would a pain in the arse.

Archived