Cultivated Reef

2.5 Gallon Pico

Bliss

After much Research and playing around with a few nano tanks I decided to go the route of a pico untill I have the money and space to get a bigger tank. It is still a relatively new tank only being set up for about a month or two ago and only has 3 frags but i think its lookin good so far.

The Tank: 2.5 Gallon AGA with a glass hood

Lighting: 1x18 watt sattelite ficture

Heat: 50 watt Via Aqua heater

Flow: Aqua Clear 20 with just carbon in it

Rock: 5 Pounds of nano rock from premium aquatics (Great Stuff had lots of growth)

Sand: Half sand from the lfs and half of the bagged stuff (Found the lfs after i put up the tank)

Inhabitants so far:

Inverts:

Coral Banded Shrimp

2 nass snails

2 cerith snails

Corals:

Xenia

Kenya Tree Coral

Zoas

Just as a note, I got all my frags and inverts at country Critters (Great stuff) on Long Island if there are any of you long island reefers out there.

EDIT: having trouble hosting the images ill post them asap

Sounds like your off to a great start! B)

Your using RO water right? enjoy the daily top off's :D

Here are the pics as promised im no photographer and i dont know how to set the camera so this is the best i could do.

The xenia and zoas were added a few minutes before i took the pictures so there not as open as i would like

O and i top of daily with distilled water

Picture001.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002.jpg

YAY

Welcome to the 2.5 club.

You're going to want a bigger light. I got a SWEET deal from ADIN on a 2x18 and the frags love it!

Matty1124

looks like your having a hair algae problem... pull that rock out and give it a good toothbrush scrubing

tank looks good, maybe a diffrent aqua scape though... but over all looking good

Archived