Coral Vue Hydros

Is My Electric Blue Hermit Dead ?

jimbo2

Hi All,

Last night after feeding the baby (I got night feeding duty) I shined a flash light into my tank to see my nocturnal friends. To my surprise, within the rocks, I saw one of my electric blue hermits out of his shell missing his claws :mellow: He seemed fine otherwise and was moving around okay.

This morning, I was doing a clean up and moving some rocks, I found him and he wasn't moving but he was still completely intact except for the claws. I touched his antenna and eyestalks and there was no response so I took him out. Not wanting to be too hasty, I put him in a container with some tank water, a few food pellets and his empty shell. When I looked back in on him, he was in a slightly different position. Will he molt and have new claws or am I just prolonging my agony and mourning for the poor little guy?

Here is a pic...

hermy.gif

Thanks

He's dead :(

Had to give it a shot though. Wouldn't have been the first time that a molting crab tricked me LOL.

See if you can locate the shell. He very well may have molted and is waiting for his carapace to harden before resuming his duties.

Archived