Coral Vue Hydros

Fish in a pico

Murfman

Who has what fish in their picos? I have a 2.5 gallon that has about 21" X 4 3/4" X 4 of living space. I have live rock and some zoas, rics in it. What fish, if any, would work?

Pinner Reef

Check out Igreens fish list at the top of beginner's forum for some ideas

Happy reefing!

-pinner

yellow clown goby, green clown goby, black clown goby, neon goby, red head goby, yasha goby, rose banded goby, green bar goby...that's about all i can think of off the top of my head :P but there are plenty more

really i wooded put any fish in ther to small =/ idk u dont have to read this

as long as you have plenty of live rock and proper filtration and water changes it's not an issue. clown gobies are perchers anyway and just sit on random corals all day, and the others (minus the neon goby and the green bar, which are just plain tiny) are burrowers who will spend most of their time peeking out of a hole.

The miniscule amount of water in a pico that small severely limits the tanks ability to manage the biological output of a fish, even a small one. I'd stick with a shrimp, some mushrooms, some GSP, and maybe some LPS. But unless you do some serious modding to the filtration, a pico is just not going to be able to support a "healthy" fish for an extended period of time.

I'm running a 3G pico right now, and based on its size, I would never, personally, attempt to keep a fish in it.

The miniscule amount of water in a pico that small severely limits the tanks ability to manage the biological output of a fish, even a small one. I'd stick with a shrimp, some mushrooms, some GSP, and maybe some LPS. But unless you do some serious modding to the filtration, a pico is just not going to be able to support a "healthy" fish for an extended period of time.

I'm running a 3G pico right now, and based on its size, I would never, personally, attempt to keep a fish in it.

Substrate is epoxied to the bottom, filtration is via live rock, SIPORAX beads and some macro. I was thinking a barnacle blennie. Clown Gobies would be nice too.

Haagenize

a few tangs will do =D jk but seriously, u can get more the gobys it really depends on how well u keep ur water quality

I have a barnacle blenny. Hides in the rocks all day so lack of space is not an issue as long as you have plenty of caves and stuff. They do like to swim up and down the glass on very rare occasions. They are the coolest to feed, and learn pretty quickly that when they see you they should be on the lookout for food falling from the sky.

Archived